Chapter 15

Nicki Minaj POV

The whole Young Money family is here inna club turnin' up and I try to play like I'm in it but I ain't.  Like ion wanna be here tho' I'm only here 'cause of Drake and his whinin' ass. Wayne as usual faded inna corner, and I ain't tryna get that way. I need to be sober as possible 'cause I won't resist a drink, but a smoke I can resist. Since I got the late night show to do I don't need anythin' stoppin' me dead in my tracks.

They in here playin' my song, Tuesday by I LOVE MAKONNEN, but the remix wit' Drake in it.

Almost all these niggas doin' the shmoney dance and I ain't finna boutta do that shit at all. Fuck that bruh. I'ma just chill and watch these niggas react the whole damn music video. Drake dumb as shit all drunk and shit and doin' the shmoney dance like nigga please sit. Yet, I'm glad one of us is happy, he been real cool since the whole Rihanna phase.

I been thinkin' so hard 'bout my decisions and ion what to do... Like my mind is tellin' me to tell him and my heart is sayin' don't. People do say listen to ya heart but I'm afraid that it's wrong...My heart has been hurt many times. The only way I know is to wash my hands of it but I just can't... It ain't that simple. I wish life was that simple. That err'thang was simple.

I ain't have to care 'bout shit inna world but myself. Ion have to worry 'bout gettin' hurt 'cause ion give zero fucks 'bout shit. I wish I never found love inna beginning. I shoulda focused on me, myself, and I, instead I had niggas in my life. That's why I needa be by myself. I finna be by myself. What if August doesn't care if that baby ain't his and he still marries her? Who knows, right? 'Cause it could happen. I know it. I feel it.

"Nicki," somebody calls me outta my thoughts.

"You okay?" I look up to see Drake wit' a grin on his face. His two fingers gently taps my shoulder and I just look right at him in his eyes and fake a smile.

"Ooh, yeah, yeah. I'm straight." I lie. The hell I was straight. I'ma fuckin' mess and Drake would have to be pretty stupid to assume I'm good.

"Nicki, I'ma have to be pretty stupid to believe that shit." Drake said. Damn, was he readin' my mind or nah?

"I am Drake. I am hundred." I said, dry as fuck.

Nicki, just tell Drake what the fuck is up!

"You know you can talk to me 'bout anythin', and I mean anythin'." Drake strongly suggests to me.

"Ard, it's good that I kno' that." I said.

"But, I'm fine Drake. Go out and party!" I said.

"Ard then Nick. Be that way. I'll be back." Drake said.

"Ookay Drake." I said as he leaves.

I gon' ahead and get myself another round since I'ma be here fo' a while... Fo'got who I was wit' tho'. I try to pull out my phone to text August but then I just turn off my phone altogether. I needa fo'get 'bout August fo' a while and focus on Nicki Minaj, my album, my life, my career.

"Cheers, to the Young Money Empire!" Wayne said and we all say cheers.

"I needa get outta here soon." I mutter to myself.

"I wit' you on that." Drake said. I giggle.