Chapter 10

August Alsina POV

Been a good minute since I last seen and heard from Nicki, but today she don' called a nigga.  I heard she back inna studio and also her album got pushed back too so she want me to come. She also said that she finna release a new single but ion what it is yet. It's been a minute wit' me bein' inna studio since I been too busy focusin' on Bianca and her needs. Eventually she finna let me get back to workin' or no money will come in. But she been actin' a lil' weird, different, possessive lately and ion wanna be near her.

It's good to kno' that Nicki depression is dead and she back to what she do best... Bein' her. She gets so much accomplished and shit ion how she does it but she just do - a damn machine.

Anyway I pull up at the studio and just chill inna car just to have a minute to myself bruh. I ain't seen Nicki so ion what to expect or how to approach her either so ion wanna mess nothin' up. I'm suppose to be leavin' inna few days fo' tour to Washington, D.C, but first I gotta perform at the EMA. I been nominated as Best New Artist and I'm also performin' too. Ion 'bout anythin' else but I'm a happy and lucky ass nigga.

"Welcome to WKFC 95.5..."

I turn the car off when I get outta car and start walkin' up to the door. Ion why but I can't help but to be nervous. I have nothin' to be nervous 'bout, yet I am tho'. Lemme try and shake it off before I see her. Whew! Shit man this is so hard to do.

All I hear it's music, bass bangin' hard, makin' the glass shake while Drizzy, Weezy, and Breezy all walk pass me.

"My nigga my nigga." Chris give me some dap.

"The fuck you been hidin'?" Drake asks me.

"What up baby." Wayne said. (That sounds gay bob)

"Hey, hey, hey." I said givin' 'em all daps .

"Look Albert, she in there workin' so no funny business." Chris said.

"Nigga shut the fuck up." I said and Drake start laughin'.

They all leave and I make my way into the studio to see Nicki inna booth recordin' her verse. I start bobbin' my head (no homo) to the music and sit inna back until Nicki notices me. Until then I'ma be on my phone gon' on Instagram and Twitter just to keep the fans up-to-date.

[Verse 1: Nicki Minaj]

Yo, I never fucked Wayne, I never fucked Drake
On my life, man, fuck's sake
If I did, I'd ménage with 'em and let 'em eat my ass like a cupcake
My man full, he just ate, I don't duck nobody but tape
Yeah, that was a set-up for a punchline on duct tape
Worried 'bout if my butt's fake, worry 'bout y'all niggas, us straight
These girls are my sons, John and Kate plus eight
When I walk in, sit up straight, I don't give a fuck if I was late
Dinner with my man on a G5 is my idea of an update
Hut-hut one, hut-hut two, big bitties, big butt too
Fuck with them real niggas who don't tell niggas what they up to
Had to show bitches where the top is, ring finger where the rock is
These hoes couldn't test me even if their name was pop quiz
Bad bitches who I f**k with, mad bitchess we don't fuck with
I don't fuck with them chickens unless they last name is cutlet
Let it soak in like seasonin'
And tell 'em, tell 'em blow me, Lance Stephenson

The song dies down when Nicki takes off the headsets and come from out of the booth wit' a smile. I get up and walk over to her and give her a hug when we have small talks.

"So what song is this anyway?" I ask her to start makin' conversation.

"I ain't see you inna minute and that's what you ask?!" Nicki laughs. I laugh too.

"Been workin' then baby man drama so poorly won't see a nigga as much." I said.

"Aye can y'all give us a minute?" Nicki asks the producers and they leave.

Nicki sighs before she leans against the wall. "August," she whispers.

"Don't Nicki." I said.

When I said that she gives a sharp frown on her face and sits down in the seat quietly and I do the same.

"When were you gonna tell me Nicki?" I ask.