Chapter 33

Recap:

“Thanks for tonight”

“That’s alright babe, maybe it can happen again sometime?” He asked, looking at me from the corner of his eye. I smiled and nodded, then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Go to sleep if you want, I’ll wake you up when we get back to mine” I did not need to be told twice....

 -------------------------------------

Jess’s POV:

“Ow!” I could no longer help it I burst out laughing. Cody had only waked me a few seconds ago, as we reached the door of his house. Everyone else was already asleep, so we had to be quiet as we went into the house, but as it was dark, Cody was walking into everything.

“Cody, just put me down, it’ll be easier”

“No Jess, it’s fine”

“At least I wouldn’t walk into the table”

“Hey it’s dark in here” We had finally made it to the bottom of the stairs, and were about to head to Cody’s room and get changed when the hallway light turned on.

“I take it you two had fun then?” Cody turned, and stood behind was Brad, with a smile on his face, with his arms crossed against his chest.

“Yes thank you, and thank you again for the lift” I smiled, holding on around Cody’s neck a little tighter.

“I’m glad you had fun, and that’s perfectly ok, you two get to bed, it’s late”

“Night dad” Cody replied as I smiled once more. The light was then turned off again, and Cody started making his way upstairs, rubbing his thumbs across my legs. We got around half way up the stairs when Cody lost his footing and tripped a little, putting his arms out in front to catch the fall. I had to put my face into his neck to quieten my laugh,

“Yeah yeah, laugh it up” Cody whispered, before standing up and going to rest of the way to his room. Once we were through the door, Cody ran to his bed and dropped me, before climbing on top of me, his hands either side of my head, holding himself up.

“Hey there” I smiled.

“Hey...” he whispered, his voice fading as he leaned closer, his eyes slowing shutting the closer he got. His nose nudged against mine and we remained in that position for a while, a smile on both of our lips as we stayed in complete silence. Then without warning, he brushed his lips against mine, ever so slightly, but just hard enough for all my thoughts to run away. Only a second later did he retreat,

“You still want to sleep outside, or would you rather stay here?” He whispered, as I opened my eyes. The room was still dark as the lights hadn’t been turned on, but I could still see his eyes from the moon light seeping through the blinds.

“Outside” I smiled, he nodded and got up, heading to his wardrobe,

“Go get changed then, love, and we’ll go” He passed me a pair of boxers, sweats, shirt and a jumper. I took them and went into the bathroom to get changed, once I had shut the door, I leaned against it and just smiled and I descended to the floor. Tonight was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I never thought this would happen, especially after what happened on tour. I got back up and turned the light on, after getting changed, I put my hair into a bun, and left the bathroom, then realising I had forgot to knock. Luckily Cody was sat on his bed, fully dressed smiling at me.

“Your hair looks beautiful” He complimented as he took my hand and we started to leave the room, turning the light off as we left. I was glad when the darkness took over again, as it meant my bright red cheeks were finally hidden.

It must have been around four in the morning when I had woken, I wasn’t sure and I couldn’t find my phone to check. I woke up on Cody’s chest, his arms wrapped securely around me, our legs intertwined.  For some reason, I was fully awake, as if I had been asleep for weeks. I stayed led for a few minutes, but soon got bored, with my only entertainment being faint snores Cody made around every 20 seconds.

“Cody” I whispered, no response.

“Cody” I said a little louder this time, while poking his several times on the chest. His eyes soon started to open.

“Jess?” He asked, his voice husky from his sleep, “Is everything alright?” he sat up more, and was leant on his elbows.

“I’m bored” I giggled.

“Really, what time is it?” Cody had a bored expression on his face; I guess I’m the only one who’s not tired.

“I think around four. Can we go climb the tree?” I sat up, suddenly excited, I live climbing trees.

“Why the hell am I doing this?” Cody laughed as he climbed up on the final branch and sat down, me following behind.

“Because” I sat down in front of him, his legs either side of me, my back against his chest.

“You always have been great at explaining” Cody whispered, his lips grazing my ear.

“The moon looks so beautiful” I sighed, playing with Cody’s fingers, he intertwined our hands and we sat in silence, looking out at the moon and stars, in complete peace.

 ----------------------------------------

It’s short I know, but I am going to start writing again! For real this time. I’ve read over this story a few times and decided, I don’t really like it. I’m going to finish it though; I can’t just stop it here. I will probably write another story after this, with a whole new story line. Hope you like it :) Love you all, Amy xoxo