Chapter 3

Recap:

"Where's my mum!? Is she okay?! I need to see her!" I panicked, sitting up, and suddenly getting really light headed. Amy got tears in her eyes ad she went to hold my hand. One of the doctors came over to me, as I led back down. 

"Jess..." The doctor sighed. This doesn't sound good. "When the car crashed into the lake, it was quite a while before emergency services could get there. A man had got out his car to try and save you and your mother, but sadly, no one could get to your mother in time. We couldn't revive her. I'm so sorry." No, first my brother, now, my mum? This can't be happening I broke down into tears, Amy took me into a hug straight away. So, this is why dad wants to move. 

--------------------------

Moving Day

Jess' POV:

My dad has blamed me for the death of my mum. He says that if I had been eating right, she wouldn't have taken me to the doctors, and we wouldn't have crashed. I'm too scared to tell him how we crashed. I'm too scared to tell anyone. I came out of the hospital last night. When I got home, I had to pack my bags, to move. 

I abruptly awoke, by the sound of my fathers deep voice, thundering through the house, as if the windows would burst and the roof would cave in any moment. 

"Jess! Get up!! We're leaving in 20 minutes!" he growled loudly. All week he had been like this, ever since I woke from the coma. As if all kindness and love had been drained from his body, vanished, only to be replaced by bitterness.  I didn't reply. I just got up, went over to the set of clothes I had left out of my two suitcases, got changed, brushed my hair, and went into the bathroom across the hall. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I didn't put make up on, I never really got into it. After walking into my bedroom to get my suitcases, I took one last look out of my window, looking over at the hills behind my house. It was so peaceful outside, I hadn't realised it had been 15, until my dad stormed into my room.

"Hurry up! We're leaving!" He grabbed one my suitcases out walked out of my room. I sat by the window, as I watched him walked out of the house and over to the taxi, putting my siutcase into the boot, and getting in the front seat. I sighed, before walking away from the window, getting my suitcase, and walking downstairs, taking one last look, at the house. I sauntered out hte house and into the taxi, putting my suitase on the seat next to me. Once I had closed the door and buckled my seatbelt, the car started, heading to the airport. As per usual, I brought my knees to my chest and looked out the window, putting my iPod on shuffle. Hold On Til The Night, by Greyson Chance came on, happy with the song, I kept in on, watching the familiar neighbourhood pass by as we drove away.

We pulled up infront of the airport, my dad paid the driver, and we got out. I got my other suitcase out of the boot, and went to catch up with my dad, who had already got his suitcase and had started walking intot he airport.

"So, what flight are we getting on?" I asked, walking beside him, dragging my suitcases behind me. 

"Well, I'm getting on flight 215 to Idaho, to meet my friend, and stay with him for a week." He replied, not even turning to look at me. Wait? He is? What about me? As though I had said that out loud, he started to speak again.

"Whereas, you, are getting on flight 163, to LA. When you get there, there should be a taxi waiting for you, which will take you to the new house. As I said, I'll be with my friend for a week, so, don't wreck the place. The keys to the house will be under the mat, and I'll see you in a week." And with that, he left. Walking away from me. Expecting me to know where I was going, he didn't even give me my ticket. I sighed, looking down to the ground, when a blonde girl, around my age, came running up to me. 

"Sorry, the man you were with dropped this, here you go." She said smiling, slightly out of breathe. I looked down at what she was giving me, it looked like a boarding ticket. I took it from her smiling, and looked closer at the ticket, luckily, it was mine and not my dad's.

"Thanks," I replied, looking up to the girl once again, "Almost thought I wouldn't be able to get on the plane." I said, laughing slightly. 

"That's your ticket?" She asked me. "Oh, and no problem." She smiled.

"Yeah, dad's getting a different plane." I replied. She looked a bit shocked.

"Look's like I'm sitting next to you. I was worried I'd have to sit next to an old man or something. My brother got the isle seat." She replied. Well, atleast I won't have to sit next some creep. "I'll see you on the plane, mum's expecting me back." I winced a bit when she said mum. I'm still not use to the fact that she's gone. "You ok?" The girl asked me. "Oh, my name's Alli by the way." She added. 

"Yeah, I'm ok, thanks. And, hey, I'm Jess." I replied, she smiled,

"See you on the plane then." She gave me a quick hug, before running back in the other direction.

Right, now just to find where I'm suppose to go. I sighed, and started walking in the direction Alli had gone. 

--------------------------------

Thanks for reading :) Hope you liked it :) Tell me what you think :)