Chapter 2

Recap:

 We weren’t far away from the doctors, only a few minutes, when my mum tapped me on the knee. I took out my earphones, put my legs down and turned to face her.

“How was school?” She asked, keeping both eyes on the road.

“School was good” I replied while turning to look out of the window once again.

“Any homework?”

“Not today” I said, lifting my knees to my chest once again.

“That makes a change” She replied turning into the car park.

“Yeah, haha” I said, unbuckling my seat belt. We got out of the car, and slowly walked over to the doors of the doctors surgery. I took a deep breath, as my mum opened the door, and walked in.

Jess' POV:

I followed close behind her, as she went up to the front desk. The receptionist was a women who looked in about her min twenties. She was on the computer, and turned her head in our direction as we stood infront of her. 

"My daughter has an appointment with Dr. Jones in 5 minutes." My mum said, looking at me as she mentioned me. I just stood there quietly, smiling whenever the lady looked at me.

"Ok, you can wait over there," she siad pointing to a room to her left with chairs and a table with magazines on it, "You can go in soon." The lady simply stated, before turning back to looking at the computer. 

"Thankyou." My mum replied before walking into the waiting room, leaving me to follow her. I went in and sat down on the chair next to my mum, she was reading a magazine she had picked up from the table. 

It wasn't long until Dr. Jones poked his head through the doorway,

"Hello Jess, would you and your mother like to follow me this way." He said smiling before turning around, and walking to wherever we were going. My mum stood up, put the magazine back on the table and went to Dr. Jones. Like I had been doing since I we got here, I followed my mother, still not saying a word. 

We walked into a small room, and Dr. Jones went and sat behind a desk, with two chairs infront of it, my mum sat on one, while I sat in the other.

"So, what's been bothering you Jess." He started while smiling at me.

"Nothi-" I started before being interupted by my mum. 

"She hasn't been eating properly." Mum stated.

"Oh, why not Jess?" He said after furrowing his eyebrows together.

"I don't know." I sighed, while twindling my thumbs. My mum simply tutted beside me. 

"How about we get you on the scales?" He asked, getting up and walking over to the corner, where a set of scales stood. I really rather not, but I guess I have too.

"I guess." I replied, standing up and going over to the same corner Dr. Jones recently had. My mum followed me this time. I took a deep breath in before stepping up onto them. I didn't look down at the weight they read, I didn't really want to know. 

"Ok, now lets see how tall you are." Dr. Jones said taking me over to the other side of the room. 

Once he had measured my height, we all went back over to the desk and sat back down. Dr. Jones was on the computer typing things up while me and my mum sat there in silence. 

"Well?" My mum asked, getting a bit inpatient.

Dr. Jones looked upi from his computer, "Well," He started, "For a 14 year old girl who's 5'7'', and only 7 stone, Jess is about 2 stone underweight." Wow, I didn't realise I was THAT underweight.

We walked out of the doctors sugery, and over to the car. When we got in, I buckled my seatbelt, held my knees to my chest, and looked out of the window. My mum started the car and we pulled out of the carpark. 

We had been driving for about 5 minutes, when my mum pulled out a packet of sweets from the car door, and lightly tossed them at me.

"Eat them." she simply said, keeping her eyes on the road.

"I don't want them." I replied, still looking out the window.

"You're underweight, now eat them." Mum said, a little more forcefully.

"But I'm not hungry" I said through gritted teeth, putting my feet to the floor and throwing the packet of sweets on her lap. 

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER! JUST EAT THEM!" she shouted, turning at me. I was actually getting quite scared.

We heard a car horn and snapped our heads to look at the road, there was a car coming straight at us, my mum had accidentally turned to the wrong side of the road. She quickly swurved the car to the other side to avoid the oncoming car.

We had got out the way of the car, just in time. But our car wouldn't stop, and we went straight through the fence on the side of the road, which was blocking off the river. The car went off the edge, and plunged into the lake below.  

-------- One Week Later---------

Jess' POV:

I heard voices around me, I slowly opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital bed, surrounded by doctors, my dad, and my bestfriend, Amy.

"She's awake!" Amy shouted, giving me a hug. Awake? What?

"Um, hey Amy, what am I doing here?" I asked looking around as she released from the hug. My dad stood up and went towards the door,

"You were in a coma," he sounded, angry? "We're moving to America as soon as you're allowed to leave, I already bought the new house." He said before slamming the door as he left. Moving? To America? Why? Then it hit me, he said I was in a coma. The accident in the car. We went into the lake. Where's my mum? Is she ok? Oh no!

"Where's my mum!? Is she okay?! I need to see her!" I panicked, sitting up, and suddenly getting really light headed. Amy got tears in her eyes ad she went to hold my hand. One of the doctors came over to me, as I led back down. 

"Jess..." The doctor sighed. This doesn't sound good. "When the car crashed into the lake, it was quite a while before emergency services could get there. A man had got out his car to try and save you and your mother, but sadly, no one could get to your mother in time. We couldn't revive her. I'm so sorry." No, first my brother, now, my mum? This can't be happening I broke down into tears, Amy took me into a hug straight away. So, this is why dad wants to move. 

--------------------------------------

Thankyou for reading :) Hope you liked it :) The next one should be up tomorrow at some point :)