XXXI

The soft trace of a hand between my shoulder blades woke me. My eyelids fluttered open to see Cam smiling softly down at me, sleep still prominent in the line of his eyes.

"Morning," he said, the huskiness lacing his tone making my toes curl.

"Morning," I replied, stretching my limbs and arching my back as much as I could while still being half draped across his chest. I groaned when my back cracked in a few places, feeling my muscles loosen as I relaxed.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, smoothing my hair away from my face.

It was as if his words awakened the dull, throbbing ache between my legs. It wasn't uncomfortable or painful, but it was noticeable.
I folded my hands on his chest and rested my chin stop them, looking up at him. "A little sore. But I'm okay."

His lips formed a small frown as the hand on my shoulder began tracing soft lines up and down my back. I lay my head down on my hands, content to just lay here in his arms for as long as he'll let me.

"I don't like that I hurt you," he said, his breath stirring the hair over my forehead.

I shifted slightly so that I could catch his eyes. "You didn't hurt me, Cam. Besides, I was bound to feel something; we weren't exactly gentle."

His smirk was a combination of shyness and male pride, and it was absolutely adorable on him. I grinned at him, earning a dimpled smile in return.

"I love you," I murmured. Now that I'd told him, I couldn't stop saying it. I was in love with Cameron Davis. He was going to have to tell me to stop, because I would never get tired of saying it.

I mewled when he removed his arm from my back, but sighed blissfully as he ran his fingers through my hair, the soft, repetitive motion lulling me to the verge of sleep.

"I love you, too," he whispered, and I felt his lips against the top of my head before he reclined and exhaled.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed before consciousness found me again, and I opened my eyes to see Cam still passed out underneath me, his chest rising and falling evenly.

I froze as my stomach rumbled loudly, watching Cam's face for any signs of arousal. When he remained asleep, I gently freed myself from his grasp and threw on one of his shirts before heading out of his room, the cold of the floor seeping into my toes.

I stopped in my tracks when I reached the kitchen.

"Oh," I mumbled.

With everything that had happened between us yesterday, we had completely forgotten about the water covering our kitchen floor.

I grabbed a handful of towels from the bathroom and lay them across the floor, and with a damp hand towel I tried to get rid of the drip stains the spray had left on our cupboard doors.

Once everything was clean and dry, I leaned against the counter with a piece of toast in hand. I jumped slightly when I felt a pair of warm arms band around my waist and pull me back against a hard, bare chest.

"Hey, I didn't hear you get up," I said, placing my toast on a plate and turning my head slightly towards Cam.

"You know, I wanted you in my arms when I woke up this morning," Cam said, nuzzling his nose into my neck. I tilted my head to give him better access.

"I was in your arms when you woke up this morning. The first time at least."

I smiled softly as he grumbled against my skin. "And what? You left me for food?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I have other priorities."

"Blake," Cam warned, lifting his head slightly to nip at my ear.

I gasped at the sensation. "I was hungry."

He trailed his nose down the side of my neck as his fingers sprawled on my stomach. "I could've made you breakfast."

I placed my hands over his, keeping him close to me. "I didn't want to wake you up."

He replaced his nose with his lips, kissing my neck once before resting his chin on my shoulder. "I wouldn't have minded."

I turned in his arms so that I was facing him, my back now resting against the counter. His sleep-ruffled hair was sticking up in a few places, and he'd chucked on a pair of low hanging sweats that were really testing my temptation.

His eyes swept up and down my body, seeming to hone in on the shirt's hemline which fell around mid-thigh. He groaned lowly, "I definitely don't mind seeing you in my clothes."

"No?" I asked, looping my arms around his neck.

"Mmm, maybe I need to see you out of them to make sure."

I watched him as his hands trailed beneath the hem of the shirt, gripping my thighs and lifting me onto the counter. Stepping between my legs, he fisted the material at my waist and pulled me to the edge of the island, teasing my lips with the barest brush of his own.

"Do you now?" I murmured hoarsely.

I had half a mind to grab him and plant one on him as he evaded my lips yet again, but the larger part of me enjoyed this little game we were playing.

"Let me give you a hand." I raised my hips as his fingers found the bottom of the shirt and pulled it over my head. I brushed some of my hair out of my face before resting my hands behind me on the counter.

Cam's eyes followed his fingers as they made their way to the apex of my thighs. Growling at the slickness he felt there, he teased me mercilessly until I was begging his name, pleading for more.

Instead of indulging me, he withdrew his hand entirely. The sound I emitted resembled both a whimper and a groan. Cam only chuckled.

"You know, I kind of like hearing you beg."

The beginnings of a smirk tugged on the corners of his lips as he lifted me into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist as he made his way back into the bedroom.

"Don't get used to it," I replied slyly.

His smirk grew. "Oh, I will, Forthy. You can count on that."

He kicked the door closed on a booming laugh, shutting out the outside world in favour of the one he held in his arms. And despite my claims that I would never get involved with my roommate, I had no doubt in my mind that I was exactly where I was meant to be. I'd thought that I was running away from my past when I decided to leave behind everything I'd ever known, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe I was running to find something. And I think I did. I found Cam, and through him, I found myself. We found home in each other. In a place where we loved and were loved in return. And I planned on loving this boy for as long as he'd let me, but something told me he wouldn't put up much of a fight.