III

For this 'harmless' game of truth or dare, Kaidan had once again swiped the bottle of tequila off of the counter and pulled me through the apartment to one of the bedrooms that I had ignored on my way in.

Apparently, word had spread that the game was about to start, and so the room had begun to fill with a small group of people – and with the people came the bottles of alcohol.

Harmless, my ass, I thought. This game is just an excuse to get fucked up.

When the first round started, the questions and dares were directed at people I didn't know, so I took the opportunity to have a look around at the other people in the room. I didn't expect to recognise anyone, but leaning against the foot of the bed in the room was none other than Cameron.

And, since she was practically on his lap with how close she was sitting, it was kind of difficult not to notice the girl next to him with his arm slung around her shoulders.

Clearly, he'd found his actual flavour of the night.

She was leaning into him, with her strawberry blonde hair falling matted over one shoulder – no doubt from how many times she'd tried to ruffle it up to look cute for Cameron. Even though I'd only been staring at her for a minute, she'd already touched her hair about five times. Her skin was pretty orange, to say the least, and she was wearing the skimpiest black dress I've ever seen. Honestly, it was a surprise that her boobs were managing to stay in that thing judging by how much of it was trying to escape its confines.

Basically, this girl was everything that I would ever try to avoid in a person.

I don't mean to come across as arrogant and narcissistic, but one look at this girl and I could imagine her being the one to complain about anything and everything in her line of sight.

"So," I heard Kaidan say next to me, drawing my attention away from Cameron's 'flavour'. "You sure you're up for a drink tonight?"

Before I could respond, I was interrupted by a voice from across the circle we were currently sitting in. It was Flavour, the girl attached to Cameron's side. She'd said truth and now had to take a shot because she refused to answer whatever question was thrown her way.

"Oh, I'm not drinking tonight," she said. God, I thought. Even her voice is annoying. There was something about her that just aggravated me like nails on a chalkboard. "I'm being responsible."

"Well, there's a first time for everything," I muttered.

Assumption number 3: From the way this girl winked at another guy in the circle and then glared at a girl who simply looked in Cameron's direction, I had no doubt that she was the kind who would down a row of shots and then make out with anything breathing that had a penis.

"What? Did you say something?"

I looked up at the girl again to find her staring at me in confusion. Unintentionally, my eyes flicked to Cameron to gauge his reaction, but he was merely smirking and I could read the amusement plain on his face.

"She said that she'd drink for you," Kaidan chipped in. My head swung towards him, but he was just grinning at me.

"Bastard," I laughed.

"Oh, for real? Thanks, hun!"

Taking Kaidan's word for it, she leaned across the circle and passed me the shot that was in her hand.

I looked over at Kaidan once again before saying, "Challenge accepted." Without even asking what was in the glass, I threw back the shot in one easy movement and slammed the glass down in the middle of the circle without so much as a grimace.