New Homes and New Hopes

Josh pulled into the driveway and I smiled wide. We were here. In my new home. With the boys. Holy shit! Tyler turned around and smiled at me "Welcome to our humble abode."

We all got out and grabbed our stuff, walking to the front door together. Josh unlocked the door and let us all in. My mouth fell open when I looked around. It was nice. Sure, it didn't look super expensive, but it was definitely on the pricier side. "Wow" I said quietly and Josh laughed at me.

"Y'like it?" He asked nudging me in the side.

"Yeah. It all looks so fancy." Josh laughed again.

"Come on, Kiddo. I'll show you to your room. It's not much right now, so we can go out to get you stuff for it."

Josh led me to my room as Tyler went to the kitchen to make some food. I gotta say, Josh seemed kind of worried when Tyler announced he was making food.

We went up the stairs and made a left down the hall, and there was my bedroom in all its glory. The walls were white besides the one my bed was against. That was navy blue. My bed was big and it had a gray blanket covering it. Against the opposite wall was a dresser, and I even had a little walk in closet. Holy crap, it was nice.

I turned to Josh with a smile on my face. "This is all mine?"

Josh nodded "unless you don't like it. Then we can go to the store and grab some st-"

"No, I love it!" I cut him off, giving him a hug. "Thank you so much!"

"Good"

Once I let go of him, a smile still on my face, but when I looked up at Josh again his face had changed. "I think I smell smoke." I giggled as he bit his lip to try to hold back his laughter, "Let's go save the day."