Science Teacher - Logicality.

Hi 👋

I will be continuing the last story but I had a little bit of writer's block so I decided to write this.

Roman

I walk out of my room and into the living room of our house.

"Dad? Are you there?" I yell across the house.

I hear a yell from the kitchen.

"I'm in here kiddo!" I follow the voice into the kitchen and walk over to my dad who is currently cooking dinner.

"What's for dinner?" I ask, trying to recognize the delicious smell coming from the pot in front of dad.

"Your favorite, spaghetti bolognese!" He says while smiling.

I love my dad, he's so happy and friendly all the time. So it really does cause me pain when I know a lot of the time he's just covering how lonely he is. He must have noticed that I was in thought because it was broken by him talking.

"You okay there kiddo?"

"Yeah, I'm great." He smiled warmly at me somehow making me feel better already.

"Is it almost done?"

"Nope..... it's done." He says as he plates the delicious smelling and looking dinner onto dishes and hands me one.

He places the pots in the sink and lets them soak in water before following me to the table to eat.

"So, how's school going?" He asks, trying to start a conversation.

"Great actually! I did good in my Spanish test and my business test!"

"What about your Science test? Your teacher called and told me you're struggling a bit in his class." He said with a bit of a concerned expression.

"Uhhhh..... not so good." I say in a quiet voice and hoping that dad won't hear but thanks to some sort of super dad hearing he did.

"What did you get?"

"18%" I say while putting my head in my hands.

"Oh kiddo, what happened?"

"Science is hard okay! Who is supposed to know that the intestine comes in both small and large? Why can't there just be a medium??" I say in an annoyed tone and bury my head in my palms.

"I know it's hard Ro, but you'll have to try a little harder. I have a meeting set up for tomorrow with your science teacher to discuss your grades."

"Ugh, but Mr Kroft hates me!"

"Now kiddo I'm sure that's not true, he's probably just trying to help you learn because that's his job."

"But why can't I just flunk science? It's not like I want to be a doctor or anything." Dad gives me a disappointed look.

"Come on Ro, just promise me you'll try to do your best because you're so talented and I wouldn't want you being held back over a science grade."

"I'll try my best."

"Thank you."

I wake up early the next morning and get dressed in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt with a crown on it and a bomber jacket.

I run downstairs and into the kitchen and see a note on the table.

'Hey Ro,
Sorry I can't make your lunch because they called me into the bakery for about an hour or two so I left some money for lunch.
I'll still be able to meet your teacher and I'll drive you home from school instead of taking the bus today since I'll be at your school anyways.