Chapter 42: Mission: Success

Dedicated to @LovetheCookieMonster for the cute cover! :)

There are probably going to be two more chapters after this. A regular one and a epilogue, possibly! So enjoy :D

***************

At lunch, I sat with Blaine and the guys. We had nachos, so it was a pretty good time.

“You know,” Jesse started, “When I came to see you at the hospital, the nurse assistant kept kicking Kevin out. I remember getting mad, then I told the idiot to say we’re your brothers.” Kevin looked at Jesse and rolled his eyes.

“It was actually the opposite.” Kevin said, and we started to laugh. Jesse smiled sheepishly.

“Well they should’ve just let me in.” Jesse huffed, eating now. I shook my head.

“I would have loved to see that.” I said. Jesse not getting his way? Too awesome.

“Yeah yeah.” Jesse said, unamused. I took a bite of the nachos and chuckled.

“They let me in.” Blaine said casually.

“Well you’re almost family.” Jesse said. I watched in amusement as Blaine started to blush.

“You’re just mad since it was a lady, and she still wouldn’t let you in.” Blaine countered, crossing her arms.

“Well duh, I mean, look at this.” He said gesturing to himself. We rolled our eyes at him. As modest as ever. He grinned when he continued. “She gave me her number afterwards though.”

“What? You’re lying,” I accused. “That nurse assistant had to at least be in college.”

“Did you call her?” Kevin asked in surprise.

“Didn’t you just hear how she kept kicking me out?” Jesse said shaking his head.

“She was just doing her job.” Kevin said, picking up his drink. Jesse shrugged. “Wait was that really the reason?” Kevin said, looking around the table. We followed his gaze to Kristy. She felt our stare and looked back, so we quickly looked away and at Jesse. He swore under his breath and looked down.

“My friends are idiots.” We grinned.

“Hey Kristy,” Kevin said so only we could hear. I couldn’t help but chuckle at Jesse’s peeved look.

“Dude,” Jesse hissed.

“Kristy Madison,” Kevin spoke with an innocent look, “Madison, Kristy. Just testing the name out for you buddy.”  He added after seeing Jesse’s glare.

“Kevin, did you call me?” The girl of the hour said. Blaine and I went wide-eyed and laughed. Jesse looked like he could kill Kevin on the spot, while Kevin held back a grin.

“Oh I said ‘You must hang with us some time.’” Kevin said now grinning at her.

“Oh sure, just text me.” Kristy said with a smile before turning back to the conversation with her friends.

“I totally saved that,” Kevin said looking proud of himself. I laughed again and put an ‘okay sign’.

“Totally,” I responded.

Great day so far, I thought happily.

“Hey guys.” A feminine voice said to my right.

“Hey Charlie,” I said greeting her. “Did you already grab lunch?”

“Yeah, I already ate with Matt,” She said pointing her thumb behind her at Matt. He looked like he was waiting for her.

“Oh,” Kevin said watching Matt as well.