Chapter 27: Milkshakes

I just celebrated my birthday this past Tuesday, awesomest b-day! I had an amazing time and got an iPhone 5! :D

Back to the story :)

~~

Because today was a gym day, I told Blaine I would pick her up to get milkshakes at 5. She agreed.

I went home to grab my gym bag and texted my mom to tell her my plans for the rest of the day. I also changed out of my uniform and wore a plain white t-shirt and black sweat pants. I considered leaving my glasses, but I kept them on.

Kevin texted he was outside, so I grabbed my gym bag and left, locking the door behind me. The sun was beaming today, but it still was chilly.

"Hey guys," I greeted, getting into the backseat of Kevin's car.

"Sup." Kevin said as Jesse said, "Hey."

"What's up?" I said, putting my gym bag in the middle seat.

"Nothing much," Jesse said putting his arms behind his head. "You?"

"Nothing." I said shaking my head. A song was playing on the radio and I couldn't remember the name of it. So, I started to look out the window.

"Hey Jess, did Nick really get suspended for skipping?" Kevin asked while driving past Charlie's house.

"He did, and I told him that would happen." Jesse shaking his head annoyed.

"Wasn't that his last warning?" Kevin asked curiously.

"Yeah. Coach said he wants Nick out, and for me to look for someone else to take his position, but I'm still looking." Jesse said moving his hands from behind his head and turning to me, "Alan, you wanna join the football team?"

"I-uh-no! I don't want to get killed out there, no thanks." I said immediately. They both chuckled at my fast response.

"We have better chance recruiting the new girl at our lunch table." Kevin said amused. I tapped my fingers on the window.

"Who Sidney?" I asked wondering where she was these past few days during lunch.

"Nah, but she does have a good throw." Kevin said with a chuckle as if he was thinking of a funny memory, "I was talking about the girl who didn't mind rejecting sitting with us."

"Charlie?" I said a little surprised that Kevin brought her up.

"Yeah, you know those two girls, right?" Kevin said as he stopped at a red light. I nodded.

"Yeah, we go way back. Charlie's actually my neighbor." I said. "She introduced me to Lily. They were already best friends when I met them."

"Didn't that Lily girl diss you and Blaine?" Jesse said annoyed, texting on his phone.

"Shelly was edging her though to take her side." Kevin defended.

"So? That doesn't mean she turns her back on her friends." Jesse said not looking up from his phone. "She was glaring at Blaine the whole time."

"She was?" I said surprised, wondering how I missed this. "Every time I looked at her, she turned away." I said voicing my thoughts.

"I saw her glaring too." Kevin admitted. "I didn't mind sending back a dirty look."

"What?" I felt like they had to be messing with me. "Lily Myers? I don't believe it." I said thinking back to lunch. Charlie and Lily were both super sweet, there's no way.

"It's obvious what happened, you friend-zoned her." Jesse said looking up his phone and looking at me.

"I- what?" I asked confused.