Chapter 28: Bad Morning

Thanks for all the comments and votes :)

Hope you enjoy!

~~

When I went home that night, my mom wasn’t home yet. I put my phone and keys on the coffee table and laid on the couch. My phone vibrated with a text. I pulled the table closer to me and grabbed my phone. It was a text from my mom, saying she got stuck with a later shift. I replied with an ‘okay no worries’ and put the phone back on the table, further away this time. I looked up at the ceiling and the sound of silence eventually made me fall right to sleep.

I woke up an hour to midnight. I didn't notice my mom's shoes by the door, so I knew she wasn't home yet. I paid no attention to my phone and entered the kitchen with a yawn. I was glad there were still leftovers from yesterday. I heated up a plate in the microwave, remembering not to put anything metal in there and grabbed something to drink.

I returned to the living room with my late dinner and turned on the TV, looking through the guide to see what's on. I saw that the show 'Psych' started so I put it on. A few minutes already passed so I didn't see the theme song that Sidney was singing at lunch, but the show still seemed pretty funny. That Shawn guy was really clever. I laughed in between bites and checked my phone only when there was a commercial.

[8:02 PM] Mom: Make sure you lock the doors and call Mr. Evans if you need anything. Love you

[10:09 PM] Blaine: hey you still up?

[10:15 PM] Blaine: I miss u so much :(

[10:23 PM] Blaine: that was jasper! Ignore him!

[10:28 PM] Blaine: Not that I don't miss you.. :T

I chuckled and texted Blaine and my mom back.

I didn't get a reply from either so I finished my food and put my ringer back on and off of vibrate. The show came back and I watched it while getting comfortable on the couch. Even through the laughter of the show, I started to yawn. The show finished, so I went to change into pajamas and brushed my teeth before I went to bed. I took my glasses off and put them on the nightstand.

Goodnight. I thought aloud before I put the covers over me, falling back to sleep.

~~

"Morning!" I heard my mom's voice as she opened the curtains, letting the sunshine pour in.

"Noo." I replied putting the covers way over me.

"Come on! It's time to get ready for school." She said and I groaned. Did she have to let all that light in first thing in the morning? She came to my side, gently ruffling my hair. "I'm sorry I came home late last night, but I was hoping we could still have breakfast together?" She asked hopefully. At this, I moved the covers and checked the time and looked back at my mom in surprise.

"Hey, you didn't have to wake up this early.” I said sitting up. “You probably didn't even sleep that much." I said concerned. She waved me off.

"Hey it's nothing. How about I make you breakfast and you tell me how yesterday went?” She said sounding eager. “I could always just nap when you're at school." She said and a smile grew on my face. I agreed.

“Okay I’ll get ready first and let you know.” I said getting out of bed. She left my room with a smile of her own and I yawned, getting up. I went into the bathroom to splash my face with cold water to wake myself up. It helped me move along and get ready for the day. Afterwards, I texted Blaine “good morning :)” and went down to meet my mom in the kitchen. I saw she had a bagel and cream cheese waiting for me and blueberry muffins on the counter. I gave her a kiss and a hug, missing her. She hugged me back and sent me to sit down and eat.