Chapter 28

Wednesday 24th April 2019

It was just after 12 and I woke up with a bit of a sore head but other then that I was feeling okay. I didn't know how often Ashley drank or how she was in the mornings so I didn't know how she would be feeling. Paige would feel about the same as me as we often handled it the same. Dani on the other hand would probably feel a little worse than us, she always seemed to and she drunk a bit more then us. I slipped out of bed and ordered some greasy breakfast, coffee and hot chocolate through uber eats then found some Advil and water and lined it up on the bench for the others.

"Breakfasts downstairs, hurry up or I'll eat it all."

Ashley came down first followed by Paige then Dani. Each taking the water and Advil gratefully. I handed Paige coffee and Dani and Ashley hot chocolate since they were weird and didn't drink coffee.

"You're seriously amazing," Paige said digging into the food.

Ashley pecked my lips, "I agree."

"How's everyone feeling this morning anyway?" I asked.

"Not bad now that I have food in me," Paige answered.

Ashley rest her head on my shoulder, "A little gross actually, it's been a while since I drank. Should be fine after eating." Dani agreed with Ashley except it hadn't been a while since she drank, she just normally feels pretty gross after drinking.

I had to take Jax for a walk so I invited the others to join. Paige agreed to come while Dani and Ashley decided to stay back and watch TV because they felt gross. We went upstairs to get changed and put shoes on. I didn't need to call Jax for him to come, he came running as soon as he heard me pick up the lead. It was a nice day but the walk only lasted about half an hour because I was tired, I would take him for a longer one later. We arrived back home to Dani and Ashley lying on the couch watching the jungle book. They were already over half an hour into it so Paige and I didn't really want to watch it instead we went up to my room.

"You know it's really good to see you happy."

"She makes it easy to be happy. Jake was great but I wasn't able to be my complete self around him like with Ashley." Jake and I were close but there were still things and parts of myself that I was reluctant to share with him.

I've never really found myself feeling like I can't tell Ashley something or show her a different side of me. She never fails to make my heart beat a little faster and the nerves still erupt in my stomach when she's around. Despite that I'm comfortable around her in a way I wasn't with Jake, I often find myself being open with her without a second thought.

"Good because if she hurts you I will kick her ass."

"Paige, you wouldn't hurt anyone."

"For you I would hurt everyone."

I laughed and poked Paige in the side causing her to squeal, "Such a softy."

Paige hit me so I hit her back and that's how the play fight that Ashley and Dani walked in on started. "What is happening here?"

"Oh nothing," Paige replied.

I shrugged and sat cross legged next to Paige, "Don't know what you're talking about."

Ashley and Dani just looked at each other before sitting on the air bed with their backs against the bed, talking about how weird we were. It was nice to see them get along even if a lot of the time it was making fun of Paige and I being weird or calling us children. I lay across Paige's stomach so I could wrap my arms around Ashley from behind. Except I wasn't paying that much attention, it wasn't Ashley it was Dani. "You're not my girlfriend."

I rolled over to Ashley, making Paige groan. Ashley turned her head with that cute smile on her face. She cupped my cheek and kissed me softly. Paige pushed me away so she could pull her legs out from under me, I didn't pay any attention and kept kissing Ashley.

"Making out with my girlfriend in the same room as my best friend and her girlfriend is a little weird," Paige stated randomly making Ashley and I break apart. "I think we're going to leave."

"You make out with Dani in front of me all the time."

"Well yeah but that's to gross you out, besides the things I want to do to Dani can't happen here."

Dani slapped Paige's shoulder while I fake gagged, "TMI."

Paige and Dani left soon after the conversation. Ashley was sitting on the air mattress with her legs stretched out in front of her so I straddled her waist. She giggled and rest her head on my shoulder, I kissed the spot just below her ear which made her giggle louder and move away. I guess she was ticklish there. Ashley wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me closer.

"Tired?" Ash just nodded against my shoulder, "How about we cuddle up in bed?"

Ashley agreed so I stood up and helped her up. She climbed into my bed while I went downstairs to let Jax out and lock up the house. Jax curled up at the end of the bed and I cuddled up beside a half asleep Ashley. She instantly moved closer into my side, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck and fell asleep almost instantly with me falling asleep not long after.

Sorry for the short chapter, I have pretty bad writers block.