Chapter 5

Friday 8th March 2019

The last bell of the day rang and I went straight home. No one was home so I went up to my room and lay on my bed. After hanging out with Jake yesterday, thoughts of the feelings I had for him started swirling around my head, so much so that it made me toss and turn all night. As the days went by I had began to notice how attractive girls actually were. I had also started to notice that I had been looking at girls a little longer then what would be considered normal. This looking was happening even when I was with Jake as well. To be honest I was completely confused, I didn't understand what I was feeling or why. I decided to call Paige.

(Bold- Paige, Italics- Skylar)

Hey Sky.

Hey, can I talk to you about something?

Of course, what's up?

Well I'm confused about something.

Before I could say anything else the door bell rang so I got up and went down stairs.

I'll call you back, someones at the door.

Okay, talk later.

After I hung up, I ran down the rest of the stairs; that would have gotten me in trouble if mum was home, she hates when we run down the stairs. I opened the door and there stood Ashley. Of course it was Friday.

"Ashley," I had definitely forgotten it was Friday.

She smiled at me and that weird feeling came back, "Sorry I'm a little early."

"It's okay, I actually forgot you were coming today," I admitted pushing that feeling away again.

"Is everything okay?" Ashley asked as we walked to the table.

I went to the kitchen to get us drinks, our house was mostly open plan so I could see and talk to her from the kitchen, "Yeah everything's fine, I've just had a lot on my mind today."

"We can skip today's session if you're not feeling up to it," She offered.

"That would be great, but I have a test this week that I need to pass so I kinda need this session."

"What class is your test in?" She asked.

"History," This happens to be one of my worst classes.

"What's the test on?"

"The Revolutionary War."

"Okay then, lets focus on that today."

---

Ashley was explaining something about the war, but I couldn't focus on what she was saying. That weird feeling was back, this time it wasn't going away when I pushed it away. Instead the feeling was joined by some unwelcome thoughts. These thoughts being what Ashley's hand would feel laced with mine or to have her arms wrapped around me, holding me close. Once again I tried to push those thoughts out of my head, but it didn't work. These thoughts just made me more confused because I shouldn't be having these thoughts about another girl.

Ashley placed her hand on mine, getting my attention, "Sky."

"Yeah?" I responded a little distracted by her hand on mine. Her hand was as soft as it looked.

"You're not listening to me," She stated. She didn't sound annoyed though, her voice was soft and gentle; it was oddly comforting.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

Ashley smiled gently, "How about we take a break?"

"Good Idea, would you like some more water?" I asked.