Chapter 57

A/N: I'm losing motivation and time to write this so there's probably only going to be another couple of chapters before I end this. 

Saturday 10th August 2019

Ashley's POV

My alarm had gone off a couple of minutes ago. Sky had slept through it so I lay there watching her sleep. She looked peaceful and adorable, I almost didn't want to wake her up, but I knew I had to. She had no idea that I had a surprise for her, all she thought was we were having a nap then going to dinner. I had won tickets to a USWNT game a couple of hours away. I wasn't that into sports, but Sky had always wanted to go to a USWNT game, so I had done it for her. There was also a carnival on that went until late that I thought we could go to. I had convinced mine and Sky's parents to let us stay at Sam's house for the night so we weren't driving back so late. 

"Baby wake up," I whispered, pulling Sky closer and placing kisses all over her face. She groaned and buried her face against my chest. "Come on Sky wake up."

"Time?"

"Just past 3, you need to shower and get dressed. We need to leave soon."

"Why? I thought we were just getting dinner," Sky whined.

"You won't sleep tonight if you sleep any longer and I have a surprise."

Sky finally looked up at me, pout present, "Only if we can cuddle for a little bit."

I laughed kissing her softly, "As long as you stay awake."

10 minutes later, I pulled back, connecting my lips with hers. We made out for a few minutes before I pulled away and sat up. Ashley groaned, but sat up anyway. "Can you tell me what the surprise is?"

"Once you're ready I'll tell you."

While Sky showered, I quickly packed an overnight bag for her and took it to the car. Then I made us a quick lunch. Sky came up behind me, arms wrapping around my waist. "I'm ready, will you tell me now?"

"We are having dinner, just in Pasadena."

"Pasadena?"

"We're staying with Sam for the night."

A wide smile spread across her face as she hugged me tightly, "I get to see Sam? Thank you Ash, I love you."

"That's not all. 

"There's more? Baby just seeing Sam is enough."

"There's a carnival that I want to go to as well. Also, you know how I am the best girlfriend ever?" Sky nodded quickly, practically jumping up and down with excitement, "Do you know what game is on tonight?"

"The USWNT game, I was going to watch it to- wait, you didn't." I nodded as Sky threw her arms around me, spinning me around and connecting our lips in a lingering kiss. "You are the absolute best. I love you so fucking much Ash."

Sky's POV

It was hard to sit still during the drive. I was beyond excited. I had always wanted to see the USWNT play in person, but it had never been right timing or place before. The fact that Ashley did this for me, despite not liking sports, made me fall for her more if that was even possible at this point. We spent the drive singing and laughing which made time pass quickly. There was still a couple of hours before the game so we explored the streets for a while before finding a cute Mexican place for dinner. 

The game was everything I imagined it would be. Getting to see the women I admired play the game I loved was amazing. I barely sat down, screaming and cheering. Ashley kind of followed my lead, clapping when I did, cheering occasionally, but she definitely spent more time sitting down than I did. I just appreciated that she was there with me and seemed to be having a good time. Once the game was finished, I was planning to try get to the front, but the crowd was starting to become overwhelming for Ashley so I guided her over to an empty corner by the rail near the tunnel. No one else was over there, probably because it was quite high up and not the tunnel that the players went through.