Chapter 50

A/N: This is a bit of a longer one, I broke it up into two parts so it wasn't super long. Is there any ideas or anything you guys want to see for this book? 

Saturday 6th July 2019

The Fourth of July was on a Thursday this year which means the celebrations were happening today instead. It was summer break, but because they still had to work my parents were holding their fourth of July party today. I would have to attend it for a couple of hours at least, I'd have to dress the part as well. They were inviting people that were potential clients so they were trying to make it impressive. It started at lunch then that night I had a party that the soccer team was throwing at one of their houses on the beach. The party was originally planned for Thursday, but her parent's changed the day last minute. I'm glad the soccer team party was tonight and not last night, I did not want to be hungover for my parents party. The first thing I did when I woke up was call Ashley, she had texted so I knew she was awake. She hadn't stayed last night because she was having family dinner. 

Hey baby

Hey Ash, any plans for today?

Not really

In that case, you know how you're the best girlfriend ever?

What do you want?

Can't I just let my girlfriend know she's the best?

You can, however, the fact that you said 'in that case' and 'you know how' leads me to believe that you want something. 

Okay, you got me. My parents are throwing a 4th of July party today, one that I'm required to attend for a few hours at least. 

You want me to come don't you?

That's my hope, I love my parents, but their parties are boring for me. All I do is stand around until someone decides to talk to me about something boring like architecture or school. 

Ash laughed at that, before going quiet for a few seconds. I really didn't like these events. There was one person that was always there that made me pretty uncomfortable. He was my parents age, but for the last year or so he had been very flirty. Always making comments and getting way too close. It was very uncomfortable, I avoided him whenever possible. I've never told anyone about it, he's a big part of my parents business, I only see him maybe twice a year and never actually tried anything so I just kept it to myself. Maybe not the best move, but it's the one it's the one I've chosen for now. I tried to hide the disappointment in my voice with a chuckle. 

You don't have to, thought I would try my luck

I'll be there Sky, you okay?

I'm good mostly, just didn't sleep well last night. 

Sure baby, I'll believe that for now. What do I wear?

Ashley knew me too well sometimes. There wasn't anything necessarily wrong, I was just down. I didn't tell her that of course. We talked for a bit longer about the event, what to wear, that sort of stuff. Then I went downstairs to help them set up. We set up the table that would be used for food and drink before moving onto hanging up the decorations. They realised half way through hanging stuff up that they had forgotten some stuff so had gone out with Jay while I finished hanging the decorations up. 

Just as I finished, there was a knock on the door, I had an idea of who it was so rushed to open it. It was Ashley, of course she was early, almost 2 hours early. I had a feeling it wasn't just for the party though. Ashley was wearing a grey button down tucked into black skinny jeans and black ankle boots. It wasn't what I was used to, normally she would wear dresses or skirts to things like this. Not that I was complaining, she was very attractive in anything she wore.