Chapter 12

Saturday 30th March 2019

I woke up excited, partly because it was game day, but mostly because I get to spend most of the day with Ashley. The fact that she actually liked me back still hadn't really sunk in yet.

Last night Ashley left about 9 which is later then she normally stays. We spent the time cuddling and me getting to know her better. For example I learnt shes an only child, her mum's a lawyer and her dad's a teacher. She doesn't really know what she wants to do or study after high school --- which I admit surprised me a bit --- but she does want to travel.

It was 8:43 am when I got to school. The game didn't start until 10 but I had to be there at 9:15 am for warm up. When the game is held at our school Paige and I get there half an hour early, it's been our tradition for a couple of years now. There's no real reason behind it Paige would be here any minute, so I lent against my car and waited. A couple of minutes later Paige pulled up.

"Good morning cap," She greeted getting her bag from the back of her car.

"Morning," I replied shortly.

She looked at me and frowned, "What's wrong?"

"She didn't feel the same," I had to resist the urge to laugh when her expression went from confusion to realization.

Paige hugged me, "I'm sorry I was wrong, I was so sure she liked you back."

At that point I couldn't hold it in any more and burst out laughing.

Paige let go of me, "Why are you laughing?"

"Never thought I'd see the day you admit you're wrong," I replied grabbing my bag and walking to the field.

"Well, I'm hardly ever wrong, now why were you laughing?"

"As much as I hate admitting you're right," She laughed and I pushed her slightly with my shoulder. "You were right about Ashley."

Paige stopped and looked at me, "But you said... hold on a second you were messing with me."

"Sorry I couldn't resist. She likes me back Paige," I said not bothering to try and stop the smile forming. "We're going out on a date tonight, and she's coming to watch us play."

"Hi baby, hey Sky," Someone said before Paige could reply. I turned around to see Dani standing there.

"Morning D," I greeted.

Paige kissed her cheek,"Morning babe."

"You look happy this morning Sky," Dani stated.

"That because I am, it's my favorite day of the week after all," I replied. The only people who knew I was gay Paige and Ashley.

"I'm sure that's it," Dani said suspiciously.

We talked and kicked the ball around until the rest of the team arrived then we started warm ups. Before the game started, I found myself looking around the bleachers for Ashley only to be disappointed when she wasn't there.

---

The game ended with us winning 5-4. If I'm being honest, it was one of the toughest games of the season so far. Sea view high has been one of our toughest competitors since I joined the team, they've beaten us just as much as we've beaten them. I was drinking from my water bottle when I spotted Ashley standing next to the bleaches. Ashley smiled when she saw me looking at her, I smiled back and waved her over.

"Hey, you came," I greeted.

"I told you I would, sorry I was a little late I slept through my alarm," Ashley explained.