"It's no problem Ash. I'm just glad you came."

Paige came jogging over, "Hey guys, Ashley I'm glad you could make it."

Ashley smiled, "Me too."

"Dani and I are going to get pizza, do you two want to come?" Paige asked.

I looked at Ashley, "Are you hungry?"

"Not really," Ashley answered.

"Maybe another time," I answered Paige.

"Alright I'll call you later, bye Ashley," Paige said running over to where Dani was waiting. Dani wasn't out yet so they acted like friends when other people were around. Unless it was just me around then they were all mushy and gross, sometimes even full on making out.

Ashley and I stood in silence. I took the time to look at her. Her chestnut hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail. She wasn't wearing any make up so I could see the freckles that covered her nose and cheeks. There was a slight rosy tint on her nose and cheeks because of the cold.

Like normal Ashley was wearing navy blue skinny jeans. She had on a black and grey striped t-shirt and a grey cardigan that didn't look to warm, my suspicions were confirmed when she shivered slightly. It was only now that I was starting to feel the cold. I was only in my uniform which consisted of shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt. I never bothered to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath like the other girls.

I bent down and grabbed my eye contact case out of my bag. It was probably not the best place to take out contacts, but I didn't really care. My eyes were starting to hurt and I couldn't drive home with them hurting. I tried once, but ended up pulling over half way home to take them out. Ashley watched me with an amused smile while I took them out, it wasn't hard so it didn't take long. I put on my glasses and focused back on Ashley.

"So what now?" Ashley asked looking around the nearly empty field and bleachers.

"Well I need to shower before we do anything else," I answered gesturing to my muddy self. "Do you still want to keep me company?"

"Yeah of course, while you shower I'm going to go home and change into something warmer."

"Meet at my place or yours?"

"Yours is closer to the reserve."

I picked up my bag, and we started walking to the car park, "Alright, my parents are home so if you get to mine before I'm out of the shower they can let you in."

---

I was standing in front of my closet in skinny jeans and a sport bra looking for a shirt to wear. In the end I decided on a red flannel. I practically skipped down the stairs but stopped in my tracks when I got to the bottom and saw Ashley on the floor playing cars with Jay. She had changed into a long sleeve turquoise blouse.

Dad cleared his throat from beside me causing me to look at him. He didn't say anything just stood next to me. I looked back at Ashley and smiled when she looked up. Dad gently pushed me towards her and Jay with a knowing smile on his face. It was very possible that he knew about my crush, he had a way of reading me.

I sat on the couch behind Jay and ruffled his hair. When he noticed it was me he jumped up and ruffled my hair as best he could.

"Jay, Rory's here go get your bag," My mum said coming into the room.

Jay ran to his room returning a couple of minutes later with his spider-man bag. Rory is Jays bestfriend and it was his birthday earlier in the week so they were having a sleepover. Since Jay wasn't going to be home my parents were going to have a 'date day' as they like to call it. Basically they were going to spend the rest of day together doing stuff in town. Jay gave me a hug before running out the door. Then my parents left leaving Ashley and I alone.

"You should wear your glasses more often, you look cute in them," Ashley said.

"Really?" I asked. Ashley nodded. She was sitting on the floor so I got up off the couch and held my hand out to help her up. I helped her up and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." comments like that made me a little less self conscious about the glasses

"You smell nice," Ashley mumbled.

I chuckled, "I just showered."

"I know, but you always smell like flowers and vanilla, I like it."

Just as I was about to reply my stomach growled making Ashley laugh. Ashley pulled away a bit so she was looking at me. She was close enough that if I lent forward a couple of inches I could kiss her.

"How about we get lunch before going to the reserve," Ashley suggested.

"Great idea, let me go get my jacket."

Ashley waited downstairs while I ran up to my room to get my black leather jacket. Then I went to the kitchen to grab my camera and keys.