Who Is The Witch?

Začať od začiatku

Yam turns her gaze to me, signalling that we  can  enter the room. I nods my head and she makes her way into the room first.

            "Pie, wake up princess. We can see Kim now." I wake Pie who is so deep in her sleep. She might be so tired of crying.

            "We can meet Kim?" She responds spontaneously to me.

            "Yes. Come, let me help you." I hold her arms and guide her to the room.

When I enter the room, Yam has already sits beside Kim. She holds Kim's hand with her eyes lock to Kim who is lying helplessly on the bed. Fortunately Pie can't see the scene. I don't know what will happen if she can through her eyes.

Yam notices that I bring Pie with me. Slowly she removes Kim's hand from her held and gives the seat to Pie.

            "Pie, I leave you here with Kim. I'll find something for us." I acknowledge Pie. I just noticed that the time is already evening. Pie never eat anything since this noon.

            "Okay." She nods her head knowingly.  With that, I drag Yam along with me out of the theater. I need to talk with her.

Somewhere around the hospital

            "Ouch! Let me go Fern! Why you grab me that hard." Yam groans while trying to remove Fern's hold on her wrist.

            "I think you have all answer for what has happened today." Fern releases Yam's wrist and faces Yam. She folds her arms and throws a slight, suspicious glance at Yam.

            "What are you talking about? I don't understand!" Yam avoids Fern's eyes and distances herself from Fern.

            "You know what I meant. Tell me why you do that to them?" Fern says stern.  Her eyes never lose its sharp gaze from Yam.

            "What?! Are you accusing me for that? I can't believe this!" Yam snaps and turns her body to face Fern.

Fern just stare Yam with blazing eyes. "Are you insane! I'm not a murder nor killer!" Yam raises her voice to Fern but still in a control intonation. They are still in the hospital area.

            "Where are you going back then?" Fern remembers when Yam suddenly excused herself to somewhere this morning. It made Fern becomes more suspicious towards Yam.

            "Can't you see that I bring a dozen of paper plates with me after that? Of course I just went to buy that thing for our picnic." Yam sighs and messes her hair. She feels so mad at Fern for suspecting her to be the puppet master in this tragic  incident. She makes her way to the nearest bench and take her seat in order to calm herself.

Fern back to her sense when she realizes that all Yam said was indeed true. Yam came back with paper plates for their picnic. She sits beside Yam too. Releases her deep sigh and stares to the air.

            "I'm sorry." Finally Fern admits that she is so wrong for accusing Yam with no solid reason.

            "It's okay. I understand that the situation was just so miserable to handle." Yam doesn't look to Fern but she wears a faint smile on her face.

            "Where did you get that apples Fern?" It's Yam turns to 'investigate' Fern.

Fern quickly turns her gaze to Yam. She frowns. "No, I'm not accusing you for that. Just answer me." Yam knows Fern might misunderstood with her question.

            "This morning, when you are busy unloaded our stuffs from the car, an old lady approached me. She carried a basket full of apples with her and she offered me to buy some of the apples. You see that yourself, the apples are so fresh. With no doubt I bought some apples from her. That's all." Fern tells Yam the sequels of this morning's events.

With her disbelief face, Yam stares to Fern. An old lady? What happens here? It just sound like fairytale story? It was so weird!

"Someone might want to kill or harm anyone of us." Fern says in a barely audible whisper.

            "Who is that witch?" Both Yam and Fern mutters alone at the same time.

Trauma and Emergency Unit Care Theater

Kim opens her eyes slowly when she feels her right hand is so wet with something. The lights from surrounding blind her eyes when she tries to focus her vision. She blinks her eyes for a few times to restore her steady gaze. When Kim turns her gaze to her right side, she finds Pie is holding her hand while her face is still wet with tears.

            "Pie.." Kim calls Pie with her a croak in her voice. She feels a throbbing pain inside her throat.

            "Kim! You have wake up?" Pie brings her hand to touch Kim's face. Kim holds Pie hands to reassure Pie's touch.

            "Thank God that you are all right and safe." Pie cups Kim face. She still manage to flash her smile to Kim even though she seems so weak and tired.

            "Hey princess, stop crying. I'm okay here." Kim wipes Pie's tears which keep rolling down her cheeks.

            "I'm just afraid that I might lose you." Pie tries to stop her sobbing. Kim just stares to her love of life. Pie eyes were swollen. She has cried a lot. Of course she can remember vividly what has happened this morning. She knew she had been poisoned. The apple had been poisoned.

            "No Pie. I won't leave you. Never." Kim really wants to hug Pie right now. She knows she need to comfort Pie but she can't even lifts her body to sit up straight. She just strokes Pie's hair with her weak hand.

            "Pie, I need to tell you something. This is so important for us." Kim remembers that she still didn't manage to tell Pie the truth about herself.

            "Shhh.." Pie puts her index finger to Kim's mouth, orders her to shut up.

            "But Pie, you need to know this." Kim holds Pie's tiny hand.

            "You are still weak. Don't talk too much. We can talk about that later." Pie pulls Kim's hand and place it to her face.

You really need to know this Pie...

I am a terrible coward.