Mr.Uncle's Advice

"Welcome home honey." Pie's Mom opens the door and smiles widely.

Today, the doctor finally discharged Pie from the hospital after she has been staying there for about two or three days. For Pie, she is surely glad that she could leave that torment place. Pie always has a bad perception towards hospital. Hospital is like another kind of prison where she has been tortured to eat those monstrous bitter medicines, endure the cruel sharp needles for injection, eat the tasteless meals and deals with mysterious people who wear white masks and those creepy white gloves. Well everybody, don't bother Pie with her wierd thinkings. Do you know why she has those perceptions in her mind? She just hates to eat medicines. That's it.

"Pie? Are you not coming in?" Mom calls Pie as Pie didn't move even a centimeter from her standing place.

"Oh. Okay." Pie quickly lifts up her bags and enters her house. Pie puts her bags on the couch at the living room. She starts to roam around the living room. Observing her living place with her own eyes for the first time.

"Do you like our home?" Out of nowhere Mom suddenly appears behind Pie.

"Mom! You scared me." Pie pouts as she is a bit startle with her mother's sudden appearance.

            "Sorry honey." Mom chuckles and sits on the couch.

            "Our house is more beautiful than I have ever imagine. I have one phrase for that. Home sweet home." Pie takes her seat across Mom. Pie has never known how house her house looks like because when they moved to Bangkok from Chiang Mai, Pie has already lost her sight.

            "I'm the luckiest Mom in the world to see my pretty daughter finally can see with her eyes again." Mom sheds her tearful eyes.

            "Owh Mom. I'm so grateful to have you and Dad as my parents too. Without your efforts I might not be able to have the surgery and got an eye donor. Thank you so much." Pie moves to her Mom and hugs her tightly. Pie knew that her parents had save the money for her eyes surgery for years. They are not a high class family who lives in bed of roses. They are just a middle class family who has to earn for their living.

            "You're most welcome honey. I think you should take some more rest. I'll cook some food for you okay?"  Mom caresses Pie's face lovingly.

            "Alright Mom. I miss your cook so much." Pie kisses her Mom's cheeks and takes her bags upstairs.

Upstairs : Pie and Alice Bedroom

            "Wow, so this is how my room looks like huh?" Pie is amazed to see how neat the bedroom is. It was painted with soft pink and decorated with lovely wall papers. There are two beds in the room. Pie knows that one is hers and the other one is Alice's. The beds were placed side by side with a small space to walk in the middle.

            Pie walks to Alice's study desk as she saw an album  on it. It's the picture of Alice and her during Alice's graduation day.

"I'm so proud of you Alice." Pie smiles alone of reminiscing the memory.

"Ahhh! Such a relief that I can have my bed again." Pie drops her body to her bed and stares to the ceiling. Suddenly she remembers about Kim.

"Pie, later when you're succesfully restore you sight which mean you can see all around you and you find me, not like what you always expected, will you do the same thing like the girl do to her boyfriend?"  Kim's voice replays in her mind vividly.