Meet Kim's Girl

Yam stirred restlessly in her bed. The bedroom was dimly illuminated by bedside lamps. Her fingers rhythmically browse all socials accounts of hers using her mobile phone but she isn't paying attention to it. Tomorrow Yam will start her work at Jittaleela Holdings so she needs an enough rest for a fresh start. She struggles to sleep but she can't. It was a hot night.

            "Argghh.. I really can't sleep right now." Yam sighs and glances to the clock. It struck 11.00 p.m. "I should have sleep right now." She sighs again.

            "It's better for me to do something else." Yam thinks for awhile and grabs her phone. She wants to text Fern.

Text Message

To : Fern

Fern, what are you doing. I can't sleep.

From : Yam

After a few minutes Fern replies her message.

From : Fern

I'm working dude! So, what if you can't sleep? Like I care? Hahah kidding. Come to my place.

Yam smile on reading the text from Fern. She thinks for awhile with Fern offer.

To : Fern

Okay babe. Text me the address.

From : Yam

In a split of seconds, Fern texts the address to Yam. She checks the address and dresses up.

******

Yam steps out of her sleek, shiny car. She fixes her glasses that perched carefully on her nose and looks to address that Fern gives her just now.

            "Aunty Inn's Bistro." She reads the signboard on the building. Same with the address on the paper. "I think this is the place." Yam grins from ear to ear as she manage to find the place by her own. She still not used to that area yet as she just come back from Canada.

Yam walks into the bistro. She scans all around the bistro to find Fern and finally her eyes caught Fern who is busy serving the customers at the counter area. There are so many customers inside the bistro but the surrounding situation was so silent and quiet. No noise comes out from them.

            "What kind of place is this? Am I entering the right place? Or I just entered a different world?" Yam thoughts in her mind while making her way to Fern.

            "Hi Fern." Yam greets Fern when she reaches the counter.

            "Welcome miss. May I help you." Fern says spontaneously without noticing that it is Yam who stands in front of the counter. For Fern, it is a common thing when customers know her name. Not because she is so popular at the bistro but yeah because of the name tag on her shirt.

            "Fern, it is me. Yam!" Yam waves her hands in front of Fern face as she saw Fern didn't notice her presence there.

            "Oh Yam! You are so different. How come you can be this beautiful? I didn't recognize you just now." Fern seems surprised to see the pretty lady that stood in front of the counter is her best friend, Yam.

            "You and your sweet talking cannot be separated." Yam takes her seat on a stool around the counter area.

Fern covers her mouth to prevent her laughter from coming out. Yam never change so did Fern. This two girls are so close even though sometimes they can be like cat and dog.