CHAPTER 23: I'm Sorry

ALEENA

I had frozen and stopped right then and there dead in my tracks after I heard him say my name along with the disgusting and yet annoying nickname, 'fatfina'.

I had thought I was about to make a clean getaway but it seems I was wrong.

"Well well well....So THIS is where you've been hiding." Roman coos. "Boss is gonna love this." He snickers while looking at my hand and Harley's holding each other's.

"Who's your boss?" Harley asks him.

"He's nobody." I tell him.

"Aww, that isn't very nice." He smirks.

"I asked you a question." Harley says while stepping closer to Roman's face and pushing me behind him.

Next I notice Roman's friends all standing up getting ready to come and possibly try to hurt us.

"Come on. Let's just go." I start to try and pull on Harley's arm to have him leave with me.

"See you soon." Roman grins and winks at me.

I could tell that Harley was getting ready to throw a punch at the guy but thankfully he resisted and we started to leave.

After heading back home and right after he got off the bike, he seemed pissed off. I'm not sure if this is even the right time but I should tell him about who he was talking about and about my past.

"Harley..." I started but he cut me off.

"Who the hell was that Aleena?" He asks me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"He's somebody that I used to know. He worked for my father as did others." I began.

"Who is your dad?" He asks.

"His name was George Roster." I tell him.

There was silence for a long moment before he said anything else.

"Oh shit. You're George Roster's daughter?" He asks.

I looked at him as he now was looking at me confused.

"Yes." I nodded.

"So Kemp is your..." He stopped himself.

"My stepdad." I finished for him.

"How come you didn't tell me? Why didn't you tell me whose daughter you were or should I say whose 'stepdaughter' you were?" He asks.

"Because I thought I could get away from them. I never expected them to find me." I start to tell him.

"Fuck!" He says under his breath.

"Please. I'm sorry that I never told you, I've been wanting to but I just, I didn't want to because I was afraid of...." I started.

"Of what? Me turning you over to him or something?" He asks.

"No. I don't know." I reply.

"So that's the real reason you're here. You were trying to hide from Kemp." He says.

"Yes." I agreed.

"Well thanks for that. I was trying real hard to make sure he never knew where the hell I was located or my family and now he will soon know you are here and try to do god only knows what." He says.

"No. I swear, I won't let that happen." I try and convince him but it's too late as he already seems to have made up his mind.

"I can't believe he didn't say anything to me." I overhear him mumble to himself.

"What?" I asked.

He shakes his head before looking at me.

"Not that it matters now but, I was trying to pay off a debt that my uncle owed to Kemp and didn't want my Aunt Sallie or Savannah ever finding out about it but now that you are here and he knows, things are going to get bad."

"Wait, you've been working with Kemp?" I asked feeling both betrayed, used and hurt.

"Yeah but...." He suddenly stops himself for a moment and looks as though he has realized something. "Of course. I bet my life the last job he was gonna have me do was try and find you." He runs his fingers through his hair.

"I promise, I won't let anything happen to your family." I try and convince him while holding his face and having him look into my eyes.

He then shakes his head and grips at my wrists then painfully tears up and looks away from me.

"I can't do this right now. I have to get out of here for a while." He says and then starts to leave back onto his bike, leaving me there in the dark, watching him ride off.

I was afraid something like this would happen. It was just a matter of time. So I guess there's only one thing left to do......

Give my stepdad what he wants. This way he won't come here and hurt my new friends and the one man I have truly ever loved.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)