I Miss You

The day Lisa confessed to Jennie, she had her heart broken.

She had invited Jennie over to introduce her to the latest addition to her cat family, baby Louis. Lisa figured that some take out and cuddles with kittens would set the mood for what she was about to do.

As soon as Lisa saw Jennie put Louis down to freely run around and harass Kuma, she took the opportunity to start her confession. "Jen, can we talk?"

"What's wrong, Lisa? You know I'm here for you," Jennie replied with concern after hearing Lisa's serious tone.  The older girl quickly got up to face Blackpink's maknae.

Lisa didn't respond and avoided eye contact, which caused Jennie to embrace her. "Lisa?"

Lisa pulled away, took a deep breath and started. "I love you," Lisa quietly shared looking down at the cute mandu.

"I love you too, my boo," Jennie responded with a smile trying to lighten the mood that changed drastically compared to five minutes ago.

"No, I am in love with you," Lisa said shaking her head at how cliché it sounded. But she had to do this. She wanted to be happier in 2020. And Jennie made her happy. She wanted to start the new decade with the girl she loved.

Jennie's eyes widened, shocked at her confession. "I feel it in my heart that you feel the same way, too." Lisa said as she caressed Jennie's cheek.

The sudden movement caused Jennie to jump back and realize what was happening. "Lisa...I...what are you saying?"

Lisa didn't expect that reaction, but continued on with her feelings trying to read the shorter girl a few steps away from her. "I've always felt this connection with you ever since our trainee days and I'm over hiding it. You are beautiful, kind, fierce, cute, driven, caring...my world. My happiness." Lisa continued suddenly feeling confident. "And I just want to be happy with you."

Jennie let out the breath she'd been holding. This can't be happening, she thought. Their dynamic just changed - the group's dynamic just changed with a small confession that Lisa had been harboring for years. Did anyone else know? So many thoughts ran through her head as she avoided eye contact with Lisa.

"Lisa, I... I can't do this. I should go. It's late," Jennie didn't know what else to say and grabbed Kuma. "I'm sorry."

And from that day forward, Jennie never brought it up again no matter how many times Lisa tried.

2020 began and Lisa kept herself busy with work, accepting solo jobs/projects. Jennie pretended that Lisa's confession never happened and kept up appearances so no one would suspect a change between Jenlisa. And Lisa let her. She just wanted Jennie to be happy.

Youth For You had Lisa traveling so much between China and South Korea, it was exhausting, but it kept her feelings in check. She had no time to drown in her feelings for a certain brunette. Lisa figured she would get over it eventually.

Jennie on the other hand hated that Lisa was away so much. She was worried that Lisa had no time for sleep. She was worried she wasn't eating properly. She was worried that Lisa was alone in another country without anyone to talk to.

She was worried that Lisa would forget about her.

The day of Lisa's confession, Jennie walked away not because she didn't feel the same way. She walked away because she felt the same for Lisa and it scared her so much. It was all so unfamiliar to her and she wasn't sure she could handle the storm that would come along. So she sucked it up and pretended not to care, at least until she had the courage. They say that the absence makes the heart grow fonder and while she thought of Lisa alone in her hotel room in China, Jennie finally realized she made a mistake by walking away.

She had to fix it and she started with a simple text.

"I miss you lili."