20. Cleanup

Hey guys!
School has been a thing the past month, so sorry for not getting this update to y'all soon enough.
I made a short comic book if anybody is interested in that lol
Thanks for reading!
-rednight73

Chapter song- 223 by YNW Melly
____________
   "What in the hell are we gonna do with these newborns?" Emmett stared at the dirty, lackluster group even as Rose and Jasper were moving in fast synchronization to remove all traces of vampirism from the warehouse.

   Drew, the one who'd served as the spokesperson for the newborns for the most part, eyed them suspiciously even as he spoke in hushed tones to his peers.

   "Don't worry, Em. I know how to deal with 'em." A primarily quiet Jasper offered. He threw a bloodied board to the evidence pile, which he would provide to a well-connected Carlisle later. All pieces would be catalogued and examined for DNA and then all pieces destroyed. All families would be notified of their loved one's demises.

All with fake stories of course, but at least they would stop looking.

"I'll take care of the ones who need somebody." Gabi was sitting in her own corner, her eyes clear and bright. "Keep 'em out of trouble."

Jasper eyed her. "You're pretty confident about being able to keep them safe."

The long-limbed female shrugged daintily before standing. "Did Maria ever keep someone useless around?" She wordlessly gestured to the newborn group and roughly half automatically stood and surrounded her. Drew notably remained behind. The group then proceeded to make its way out of the warehouse. "Thank you for your help guys. The forgetful will remember so you should probably look for your coven-mate instead."

They were all gone in the next second.

Rosalie's eyebrow twitched even as she threw half of a bloodied car to the evidence pile. "What a cryptic weirdo."

Emmett chortled even as he upended another board. "You're telling-" Suddenly, his giant frame froze over a particular piece of debris. "Why do I smell Edward?"

   Jasper was by his side in an instant, as he'd been frozen in place since Gabi had spoken. "Fuck me, we forgot about Edward." He upturned the rubble and picked up a burlap sack at an arm's length with a pained look on his face.

   Rosalie snatched the bag from Jasper. "Putting him back together is going to be such a pain. I'll take him to where Bella and Esme are."

Gabi's words made so much sense all of a sudden. Jasper's face broke out into a smile once the implications hit. That woman had been just like his Mary.

And Gabi just told him that his girl's memories would come back.

____________________________________

The look on the man's face was beginning to get on my nerves. "And how does that make you feel?" His spectacles glinted from the overhead light in the office, and I could practically sense Charlie's annoyance mirroring my own. The therapist that had been recommended for us had really been a drag, particularly as the man didn't seem capable of retaining anything that we were telling him.

The sigh took over my entire frame and exhaled in a slow show of indifference. "I obviously can't feel anything about someone that I don't remember." I shot an apologetic glance at Charlie, the man who everyone kept telling me was my father.

He didn't look upset with me. The bags under his eyes and gauntness of his face had been there when the supermodels had handed me off to him. Charlie, as Carlisle had warned me, was just incredibly sad that his daughter, my sister, was dead from some serial killer. It once again reminded me of those dramas on TV where everything was as messed up as possible.