8. Temper

Chapter song- Remember the Name by Ed Sheeran
——————————-

"What were you thinking? In what moment did it occur to you that walking alone in this area was a good idea?! Oh wait, I can read your mind.  You weren't thinking." I was still on the ground with tears streaming down my face as Edward paced frantically around the alley. He continued to talk and sass me, but I began to ignore him.

   How couldn't I of seen that? Visions had been bombarding me ever since I'd arrived in Forks yet they hadn't shown me this? I slowly crawled up to a sitting position, wincing as I realized the extent of my bruises.

   Pale hands gestured hopelessly around me in the moonlight. "I'm sorry you're hurt." He didn't seem very sorry.

   "What the hell are you doing here? You were about to kill us!" I accused. Edward took a step back from me.

"Those visions you get." He gave me a creeped out look, "You're not crazy, are you?"

I wrapped shaking arms around myself as I glared at him. "Didn't you just say you can read my mind?" What a hypocrite.

Whatever Edward was about to say, I would never know.

————————————
   Jasper sped along the highway with fury clinging to his gut. The sun had finally gone down, and so his dumbass brother had taken off like a lunatic. Towards Port Angeles with his eyes pitch black.

He'd refused to hunt today since Bella's blood was making him feed more often. Edward's pride was going to get a human, most likely Bella, killed.

There was no way Jasper was letting Edward near a city that hungry. He squeezed his hand on the accelerator until he was on the exit, arcing his way into the streets.

Tracking was hardly a gift of his, but he was amazed to spot Bella on the street near a Bath and Body Works. Angela Weber stood close to the girl, talking quietly to her with a concerned look on her face. So his brother had followed the Swan sisters here. Gut clenching at Mary's absence, he went on foot to catch their scent trail while trying to remain inconspicuous from the two girls. He drew his hood up over his head.

Too many scents almost completely obscured Bella's unique scent, but he barely managed to track it back to where he could catch Mary's. He followed it quickly until Edward's scent merged with her own. If Jasper had been angry before, he was beyond thought now.

   He went past human speed until he reached an alley and saw Edward over a hunched, tiny form on the ground. Her spiky hair answered any doubts that Jasper may of had.

   He heard Mary say something angrily to Edward, but he could hardly hear at that point. He flung his brother across the alley and was succeeding in almost slamming his hand into his chest cavity. But the damn mind reader had always been his most difficult adversary. He spun out of the way.

Edward was evading his attacks with a minimalistic, annoying precision. "It's not what you think, Jasper. Listen to her." His voice was pleading.

   He finally got a hold of the redhead. He'd always been stronger than him, just not as fast. He grappled with him while trying to grab hold of his head. Jasper didn't even notice the growls spilling from his chest.

   Suddenly a shrill scream froze Jasper in the middle of his attempts at dismantling Edward into tiny pieces. He was thrown off but he was already moving. He assumed a protective crouch in front of Mary, quickly assessing damage on her. She was seriously scuffed up with several rips in her shirt. Her shoulder looked scrapped and was bleeding slightly and it looked like she'd been crying. While he assessed her, he also kept an eye on Edward.