TWENTY SEVEN | MY DEAREST

A GREEN LEATHER BOUND JOURNAL ARRIVED IN THE POST FOR ESTELLA BENNETT

A GREEN LEATHER BOUND JOURNAL ARRIVED IN THE POST FOR ESTELLA BENNETT. Apollo had dropped the package right on to her lap, spilling her pumpkin juice in her hand before nipping at James' biscuit.

"Bloody fucking bird!"James yelped, swatting the colored bird away.

"Be nice to him!"Estella defended the bird , smacking James' hand harshly. She cooed at the beautiful owl, giving Apollo a little treat before sending the little owl off.

"Merlin, Estella! That hurt!"

"Well, that's what you get."

It was from her father with a note saying that he found this journal going through her mother's things. He said that he wasn't able to open it, that it was spell bound and maybe she could figure it out. It had a mysterious symbol on it and a phrase that appeared in the leather once Estella took into her hands.

FOR THE DESCENDANT

The pink-haired girl was the only one who could read it.

"Why would your father send you an old journal?"Sirius asked.

"Can you not read?"

"Estella, there is nothing to read, it's just a green journal."

"What? There cover literally says for the..."Estella trailed off as all her friends looked at her curiously. She just set the journal on the table and sort of stared at like it would explode or something. Estella realized in this instance that this leather journal might just hold the answers to many of her problems. It got her thinking that maybe today was the day she would go find that portrait of Merlin.

ღ ღ ღ

My dearest, Estella,

If you are receiving this journal, it means I am no longer around to teach you the things that are important to your heritage. Hopefully, Eddie has explained this to you already, but if he hasn't, I will. It tears me apart to think you will have to learn about your family through a journal because of the vicious people who want our power. We are Merlin's only living descendants.

My father taught me as much as he could before he was finally caught. Most of our bloodline has died young, I hope you do not meet the same end. I hope you are able to teach your daughter the things I will teach you.

Our bloodline carries a form of ancient magic that has not exist since the dark ages. It can be overwhelming and destructive. My father always told me to be careful, to only use my magic when it was needed. It was best to remain unseen. As he had, most of his life. I did not follow these rules because it wasn't much of a life, but it is important to keep yourself guarded and your heritage a secret. I was not careful enough, my darling, and my father paid the price. I hope you never know that feeling.