TWENTY ONE | TIGER LILY

LILY EVANS NEVER THOUGHT SHE WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING JAMES POTTER

LILY EVANS NEVER THOUGHT SHE WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING JAMES POTTER. A long morning of prefect duties had left Lily yearning for a competitive match of Wizard Chess with a messy-haired boy. It was weird how dramatically her life had changed. More and more often she found herself in company of the Marauders. When she wasn't with all of them, she was with one of them or the girls, Estella and Marlene. These were the most important people to her now.

"Prefect duties used to be more fun,"Lily said offhandedly to Remus, causing him to chuckle.

"Now we just wait till it's over so we can see our friends, or girlfriend, in my case."

"It was different last year,"Lily admitted,"It was my only time away from Severus and the chaos you all create, but now, I look forward to seeing everyone. I never felt that way about Severus, I always knew I would see him because I'm the person he always went to, but now that we're not talking, I have so many friends. I get to hang out with you, and Sirius, and Peter, and even James, and I don't feel bad about enjoying being around you lads anymore."

"It doesn't help that Estella and James are going to be in detention for at least two months for destroying the Slytherin common room and dyeing all their hair pink,"Remus complained,"I haven't had alone time with Stellar in ages."

"Yeah, I miss her too."

"And with James in detention, Sirius and Peter are creating more chaos than usual,"Remus explained,"But Sirius has been with spending more time with Marlene."

"Yeah, what is going on with those two?"

"Sirius hasn't stopped talking about her. I don't think he realizes that he has a thing for Marlene."

"I know,"Lily shook her head,"I don't understand how he doesn't realize he is practically in love with her. They spend all their time together. I just don't understand how he can be so oblivious."

Remus just sort of laughed at that,"Yeah, I don't know either." His gaze lingered on her curiously for a moment, but he decided not to say anything yet."You've spending a lot of time with Sirius too. I didn't expect you to be such good friends with him."

"I didn't either,"Lily admitted honestly,"But looking back on all our time at Hogwarts, he had helped. E a lot with my family. More so than anyone else, no offense, but he understands even though it is the opposite situation. I feel like he is part of my family at this point."

The pair emerged from the dark corridor into the Gryffindor Common Room where Sirius Black was sprawled out in the couch in the middle of the room with Peter Pettigrew at his feet. The pudgy boy had a book in his hand, completely ignoring whatever Sirius was going on about.