FOURTEEN | THE LION AND THE WOLF

ESTELLA BENNETT WAS A CURIOUS THING

ESTELLA BENNETT WAS A CURIOUS THING. Remus had learned that a long time ago, and with that, he learned to never really question her. If she said follow, he would be there right behind her.

Remus stared at her, taking in the brilliant smile that spread across her face. It honestly brightened his day to see that smile again.

"Stellar, what in the bloody hell are you doing?" Peter asked impatiently, trotting along with the rest of them.

"I just, I want to try something," Estella told them vaguely, stopping at the edge of the Forbidden Forest."Stay here, I just need to work up to it."

The boys shared a worried look, all wondering on whether they were about to be pranked. Yet they trusted this girl so they watched as Estella took off into a sprint.

Estella wasn't sure what exactly clicked, she just let her instincts take over and next thing she knew she had transformed completely.

The Marauders looked at her in awe, though Remus fell quiet. In front of them was this beautiful lioness.

"You did it?" Remus uttered, falling to his knees and letting the lioness rub her head against his shoulder

The other boys just grinned, staring at her animal form before she finally turned back.

Estella was practically in Remus' lap when she turned back, but none of them noticed.

"How did you figure it out?" asked Sirius, glancing down at the blonde.

"I dunno, I guess I was holding myself back because I was scared since this wasn't carefully planned out,it's illegal and pranks are one thing but this is the law and I guess I just needed time to build up the nerve to finally let myself do it,"Estella grinned so happily, hugging Remus a little,"I can help you now, Rem."

"Great, that's great..."Remus trailed off, looking down.

"I know things have been weird recently, but I still care about you, Moony, obviously,"Estella looked at Remus with a sincere smile.