VIII - Why Me?

"Nerissa, what the hell are you?!"

"S-She... changed!"

"Oh god! What have they done to you?!"

"Stay away from us!"

"Nerissa. If only I saved you, this wouldn't ever happen."

Nerissa opens her eyes and rises from her sleep. Her breath is getting heavy, and she clenches her shirt on the chest. She put her palms on her face and ruffled her hair.

"The fuck was that?"

She raises her chin and notices her surroundings. A small table with glass and flowers, a window and its coverings, and light lines on the walls. Makes it look like a high-tech room.

In front of her, a covering hangs on the ceiling as if it hides something. Curious about what's inside, she stands on her feet. Felt her whole body numb. She felt light on her left cheek. It's a giant health status monitor right above her bed.

She checked her own status and noticed her picture on it.

"Really? Putting someone's face in it? Without a damn approval?" Nerissa thought.

She walks to another bed in front of her. As she opens the coverings, Kaizo is there. She remembers the battle with Ziorta. They both hurt pretty bad. And she remembered passing out in front of him after she saw his red eyes. Guess he passed out, too.

"Looks like I have to take care of you again." Nerissa mumbles.

She places her hands on his face. Closes her eyelashes and focuses on her hands as she heals him. She suddenly saw something. A kind of vision.

"Nerissa, watch out!"

"Oh no, they got her!"

"No! No! Nerissa! NERISSA!!"

She tries to ignore it and focus on healing him. She felt the pain in Kaizo. Just a normal pain. He needs a lot of rest. She bet he has been through much. Making sure of his brother's safety and such things.

She finished healing him. Suddenly she hears a knock and a few people coming in.

A boy with an orange cap notices her presence, "Eh? Nerissa?"

"Ah, Boboiboy. Good to see you." She responds to him.

Then, a small green alien with a formal military suit mentions, "So you are Nerissa Dezastaria. Captain Kaizo has mentioned so much about you."

"And you are Commander Koko Ci? Nerissa tilts her eyes to the tall tiger-man. And Laksamana Tarung?"

"Yes, I am. We want to thank you for helping us defeat Ziorta." Tarung expressed his gratitude.

Nerissa responds, Actually, you have to say those words to Kaizo. He's the one who asked for help.

Fang is very concerned about his brother. She knows it's normal for a little brother to feel this way. It reminds me of her old times with her older brother.

She smiles at the little guy and eases him, "Don't worry, Fang. I recently had a check on him. He's alright."

"...Thanks." Fang thanks her.

"Nerissa. How did you get to the station with Kaizo? Why did you help us?" Boboiboy asked.

"Well.."

***

Back then, Nerissa swings her Blood Sword on the field in front of her house. Boboiboy and his gang are away, and she also teleported Kaizo. All alone once again. Maybe a meditation could clear her boredom. Her Blood Sword disappeared, and she walked to the cliff's edge.