XV - Mission Tales

- TEMPUR-A Headquarters -

Kaizo and Nerissa accessed the control room full of people operating the system and the two power spheres. It is a large room so they can oversee everything. They use the small elevator in front of them to reach the base floor of the room.

They both saw Commander Koko Ci, Admiral Tarung, and Admiral Maskmana talking while staring at the monitor. The two approaches their seniors.

"Commander, Admiral," Kaizo called.

Maskmana and the others rotated the sound source and sighted Kaizo with Nerissa. They both saluted the three.

"Captain Kaizo, Vice-Captain Nerissa. I see you two have accomplished the mission. Where are the power spheres?" Koko Ci speaks.

"We just got these two." Nerissa responds, turning her body to the back, "Come on now. It's alright."

Realibot and Futurebot nervously expose themselves to Commander.

"Eh?! Realibot and Futurebot?! Cobra Guzik kept these two?!" Koko Ci questions.

"They have displayed for a long time. It turns out Guzik only wields intimidation against his clients. We guess he didn't use them very much." Kaizo explains.

"Hah! And Guzik? What about him?" Tarung asks.

"Kaizo eliminated him." Nerissa breathed and said, "For good."

Confused at her words, Tarung glances, "What's with you? Did you hold a grudge or something?"

"You could say that, Admiral." She commented.

"I think that's enough. What's important is that the power spheres are now safe in the right hands. Congratulations to both of you!" Koko Ci said.

"Thank you, Commander." She thanked him.

"Heh. You've done very well, Kaizo." Maskmana compliments.

"Thank you, Admiral." He thanked his mentor.

"Take them to the temporary power sphere room," Tarung commands.

"Understood." They saluted.

***

They stepped into the temporary power sphere room. There is a lot of them, even the huge ones. Most of them are currently deactivated. Kaizo looked around the whole room to find the empty spaces. Once he located it, he told the power spheres to take a rest.

"There. You two can catch some rest." Kaizo commands.

"Once again, we thank you for saving us," Futurebot says.

Realibot rushes to the empty slot and positions itself, "Ahh~ so comfy~."

Once they both leave the room, Nerissa let out a huge sigh. She did a slight stretch while Kaizo didn't.

"Not bad for the first mission, right?" Kaizo chats.

"Not bad, your ass." She comments.

He smirks and begins to stroll, "You'll get the hang of it. Besides, soon enough, you would get your solo mission."

Nerissa stretched her arms, "Yeah, yeah. I'll do my best, Captain.", She drawled.

"And don't call me that." He corrects her.

"Huh? Why?"

"First, we're about the same age. Second, we're-"

"Wait, how old are you now?" Nerissa cuts off his words and questions.

"I'm 24." Kaizo answers.

Nerissa's eyes widened when she heard his age and said, "Well, damn, you're old."