XX - Neil Dezastaria

Today is the day on the third day. The day Kaizo, her dear lover, will take his vacation day and leave for Earth. Of course, Nerissa felt delighted. Yet, at the same time, agitated. Why do you ask? Because Neil, her big brother, stays at the house for a while, he hasn't known that his dear little sister is dating an alien. Who knows what his reaction is after he finds out? Happy? Angry? Nobody will ever know. All she knows is that things will be so awkward. She can feel it.

Neil abandons the guest suite's bedroom with a towel on his half-wet hair and takes a quick ruffle to dry his hair. Its a good thing Nerissa has already prepared men's clothing. Neil wears a white shirt and grey track pants from the wardrobe. It turns out it is pretty comfy for him. He suddenly breathes in a mouth-watering smell. As he follows the source of the scent, he spots Nerissa in the kitchen, in front of the stove.

"Nice smell, Nerry." He comments as he tosses the wet towel on the sofa.

She rotates her head to see Neil, who has taken his bath, "Oh, you're awake." She added, "Next time, toss the towel into the laundry basket. Shouldnt be that hard."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He says as he opens the fridge and grabs the cold milk box, "What's for breakfast?"

"Something sweet," She speaks and pours the warm caramelized banana over the French toast she just made.

After pouring the milk into the mugs, he casts his eyes on the breakfast she made, "Toast?"

"That's right." She sprinkles some icing sugar and chocolates sprinkle over it. The dish is done.

The two siblings walk to the long dining table. Neil puts the milk mugs on both sides, and Nerissa places the breakfast on the table. Together they sit down in their own seats and eat the delicious dish. While he's chewing his food, Nerissa is curious about something about her brother. Judging from how the house is still clean during her absence, she wonders how long her brother has been visiting here.

"So," Nerissa breaks the silence.

After swallowing the food, Neil quickly pays attention to her, "Hm?"

She questions him, "How long have you been visiting here?"

"It's been two months, for now." He gulps his cold milk, Along with the others.

"How is it? Did you enjoy it?" She asks before she puts some bananas into her mouth.

He places his mug on his coaster, "It's great. Just the same as the other side."

"Good to hear."

Neil chews some toast and bananas, then swallows it. He seems proud of how good her breakfast is. He gazes his eyes at Nerissa, whose drinking her cold milk. Similar to her, he's also been curious about her, too.

"So, where were you these 3 months?"

She focuses on her brother and puts her mug down, "I was about to ask what you've been doing these 4 years."

"Do tell me."

She disagrees and says, "No, no, no. Do tell me."

"I'm your big brother, Nerry. You must answer my question first." He demands.

Nerissa scowls and seems pissed off, "Playing seniority, now, huh? You know that doesn't happen between us."

"Oh, you wanna play fair?"

"Yes. Fair and square." Nerissa demands.

Neil clicks his tongue as he accepts her request. He places his fork and knife on his dirty empty plate. He puts his left elbow on the table and forms a fist.