XVI - The Grand Concerto

The opera house lightens brightly in the evening sky. Anyone who strolls in front of it could easily see the extravagance it held. Guarded with lots of guards to ensure nobody but tonight's guests can only pass the luxury gate. In front of it stands an enormous statue representing a woman with angelic wings and oversized long clothing around it. Who knows how much that colossal statue costs. Probably billions, no, trillions.

Her car drives around the statue at first, then one of the guards guides her to stop at the front stairs. The luxury car that Motobot made stops entirely. The footman opens the driver's door for her.

She carefully steps onto the ground with her right heels first and accepts the hand offered by the footman to help her rose to her hand. She wore white heels with silver vine leaves lining, a strapless white gown with black leaves lining, long white gloves that covered her arms to her fingers, and a silver piece of long shawl scarf wrapped around her hands and back. To top all of it, some parts of jewelry. The woman styled her hair vintage. She even held a white clutch bag. Flawless, elegant, and enchanting.

"Park the car." The girl says as she gives her car key to the footman.

"Of course, my lady." says the footman.

She gazes at the vast palace. She felt like she hasn't gone to a luxurious party for over a year. It reminds her of the time she accompanies her father to parties. She was always anxious whenever she met people. About what words would come out of their mouth as they laugh, talking about people behind their backs. However, she hopes this one is different from the one she always attends.

She walks to the other footman standing right below the stairs. There's a line of guests waiting for the footman to admit their presence. However, there are few queues, so it should not consume much time. She stood behind the guests, waiting for her turn.

"Next, please."

It's been 10 minutes since she remained upright and finally approached the footman.

"Your invitation, please." The footman commands.

She pulls out the invitation card from her clutch bag and hands it to the footman. He opens the card to see whether it is on the list.

The footman closes the card and says aloud, "Lady Nerissa Dezastaria! No guest. Next, please!"

Admitted! She feels relief to hear that and thanks the footman for accepting her. She starts to climb the stairs while gazing at the palace's grand exterior. Nerissa could quickly listen to the loud noise of the crowd from outside. She also heard the sound of a male soprano singing from hidden speakers.

The doorman opens the massive door for her to enter. They even bowed to her to greet her, and she smiled in response. As she enters, many guests gather in the group and talk while drinking the champagne offered by the butlers. Considering that the opera would begin in 45 minutes, she decided to stroll around the palace.

She starts to climb the grand staircase. She glances at the room filled with luxury accents like chandeliers, sculptures, and paintings. It is the same as the ones she usually attended. Nerissa begins to stroll around the palace's museum. She holds a glass of champagne offered by one of the butlers.

However, there's one colossal painting that catches her eyes. A portrait was presenting a man and woman in yellows dresses. It appears that the man is romantically kissing the woman on her cheek. Nerissa is amazed about it.

"They look cute together." She says as she sips her champagne.

Grandia, disguised as her earring, says, "A quick fact for you, my lady. That is a portrait called The Kiss made by-"