Raas chapter 39

Su Rui did not know why he had such an ability. It was as if he had gone to sleep one night, and when he woke up he found himself able to make time revert backwards.

As long as he wanted, he could go back to a specific point in time. Initially, he thought he was dreaming. However, after many tests, he was awakened to the reality that it was not a dream.

At first, he felt that thing was great and highly suitable for him.

From childhood to adulthood, his character was always somewhat odd. He had an out of the ordinary attachment to things around him. He strove for perfection. Everything was good. If there was a slight flaw, it was that his heart would always be grumbling with some level of unease. He always wished that he could redo something if he did not do it well.

That fault, on top of his natural disposition, actually served him quite well in various circumstances. When he was in school, he had always been in first place. Not only first in his class, or even the first in his grade, he wanted to be first in the whole city. If he could not be the first in his province, or ranked among the highest in the country, he would just pursue higher achievements.

Fortunately, he had a good brain. It was not troublesome for him to learn, otherwise he would have already forced himself to death. At work, he had to interact with all types of people and everything must be lovely. It was due to that and his meticulous character that Su father was able to hand over the family business to him early on and travel around the world together with Su mother.

Having such a son, except for occasionally making them feel vexed, he nevertheless caused very little trouble.

One could say that Su Rui's greatest imperfection in life was not that he wanted to change himself, but that he wanted to change his friends.

Shi Qing's character was basically his opposite. He did not strive to be first in everything, and nothing was really a problem. His lovely smile and vivacious personality tended to attract people's affection. He spent very little time on insignificant troubles, but he was generally able to figure matters out by himself. His optimism was worth admiring.

It was only natural that such a carefree personality would cause him to be careless and haphazard in his behaviour from time to time.

He did not commit large blunders, but rather small mistakes. For example, he forgot to bring his homework to school, forgot to bring a pencil, eraser, textbook...Su Rui felt like he was following a little child around, an animal that would forget its tail if it was not attached. However, while Su Rui was concerned to death, Shi Qing would just scratch his head, smile mischievously and laugh, then turn around and walk by.

That angered the daylights out of Su Rui.

Logically, it was almost impossible for two such individuals to become friends, but they even became close friends.

Su Rui was extremely strange, yet Shi Qing was able to tolerate him. If Shi Qing had ignored him, he would not have had a single friend. For a perfectionist, it was not tolerable if he did not have a single friend, so he held onto the one he had. Shi Qing truly treated him as a good friend, so even if he possessed some unbearable shortcomings, Su Rui had to endure in order for him to have a friend.

Qin Mo would just tolerate his strange temperament, because Qin Mo was also a perfectionist at heart. For that reason, he was unlikely to be nitpicked by Su Rui. The main thing Su Rui observed about him was his innate high self-esteem.

Since they were both close friends with Shi Qing, they involuntarily spent their time together.

Su Rui was quite satisfied with that. All of a sudden, he had two friends, which was right in line with his self-determined requirement to make friends.