Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Abbey had been on the receiving end of that hard cold stare on more than one occasion, but something had changed in the way he was looking at her. She had never seen him look so angry in her life.

“What have you done!” he roared.

Abbey jumped back in fright, in a panic, she pulled her phone from her pocket, but Greg snatched it from her before she had the chance to use it and stamped on it. He looked down at the broken phone on the floor then back at her.

“I..I..err,” she couldn’t even find the words to explain.

Greg stepped closer and Abbey stepped back until her back hit the wall, “Please Greg don’t hurt me, I’m pregnant!” she sobbed as he curled his fist.

She snapped her eyes shut, as his fist came towards her but the blow never came as he punched the wall next to her.

“What sort of sick person do you think I am?” the disgust on his face said it all; even he wasn’t capable of hitting a pregnant woman.

He stepped back and stood in front of the door blocking her exit she wouldn’t make it to the back door; she watched as Greg paced back and forth stopping to look at her then muttering something that she couldn’t quite make out.

**

Alice drove towards the airport but the whole time she couldn’t get Abbey’s face out of her mind, she shouldn’t have left her there but she panicked. She knew what Greg was capable of Abbey was in serious danger left there alone with him she knew it.

She grabbed her phone and searched through the contacts until she found Sam’s number and took a deep breath before calling him.

“Sam its Alice, there’s a bit of a problem that you should know about,” she told him nervously.

“What sort of a problem? Why are you calling me?”

“It’s Abbey I took her to Greg’s with me to get Simone back and I left her there,” she heard him swear repeatedly.

“You did what? Is she there now? I swear to god if anything has happened to her I’ll kill you and him!” he shouted before slamming the phone down.

**

Sam couldn’t believe what he had just been told he tried to ring Abbey, but it just went to voicemail, which only panicked him more. He ran outside of the hotel and got in his car it would take him half an hour to get there, but he really couldn’t wait that long to know she was ok.

He got his phone and called Pete, “I need your help it’s urgent. Abbey has done something stupid and she’s stuck in a house with Greg and from the sounds of it he’s not happy.”

Pete agreed to go round to Greg’s house and get Abbey, Sam didn’t feel any more relaxed he needed to be there himself he knew he would regret going to that hotel for the night. What was wrong with that woman?

**

When Greg finally stopped pacing he turned to face Abbey, “Where have they gone?” he demanded

“To the airport,” she told him the truth, lying wasn’t going to help her and Alice clearly didn’t give a shit.

Greg grabbed his car keys and Abbeys arm and dragged her to the car, “Where are you taking me?” she asked as his grip on her wrist tightened.

“Well this is your fault did you really think I was going to let you get off that easily?” he shouted as he pushed her into the car and slammed the door he ran round to the driver’s side and got in.

Abbey was relieved at least when they got to the airport there would be enough people around to help her he must not have been thinking straight, she decided to ignore him that way he might not get too angry with her.

They had been driving for fifteen minutes and it wasn’t until Abbey looked at a signpost that she realised they weren’t going to the airport.

“The airport is that way,” she told him thinking he was lost.

Greg started to laugh like a lunatic, “I know where the airport is I’ve been there enough, I’m not taking you there with me, how stupid do you think I am with all those people there, you must be mad.”

Abbey started to grow frantic if he wasn’t taking her there where was he taking her, she didn’t need to ask him as they pulled up outside an old farmhouse and he got out of the car, he dragged her towards it she was sobbing and trying to fight him off.

She hadn’t seen another house for miles there were no cars or streetlights it was deserted. Greg unlocked the door and pushed her inside it was damp and dark she couldn’t make out anything in front of her.

Greg turned a light on, Abbey looked around, the wallpaper and paint was peeling off the walls and the floor was dirty, she could see and smell damp and it was cold.

Greg pushed her towards a chair and forced her to sit in it, he went to another room, Abbey got up and ran to the door, but the door was locked she heard Greg coming back so she quickly sat back down.

Her eyes widened at the rope and tape he had in his hands, “Greg what are you doing?” she asked hysterically.

He tied her ankles together and her wrists to the the chair and put some duct tape over her mouth, “Precautionary measures,” he muttered as he checked to see if the rope was secure.

Abbey struggled against the rope but he had tied it tightly, “Now you just wait there, I’m going to get my daughter back, I’ll deal with you later!” he kissed her cheek and laughed.

Abbey watched with wide eyes as Greg turned the light off and left the house, he locked the door and minutes later she heard his engine start and the screech of tyres, she tried her hardest to wriggle free but it was no good she was bound so tightly she couldn’t break free.

Greg didn’t feel the slightest bit of guilt as he left his now ex wife tied to the chair in the grotty little farmhouse. He had totally lost any rational thoughts he had, he was on a mission, and that was to get to the airport and get his daughter back. He wasn’t even thinking about what sort of effect the stress could be having on Abbey or her baby, he didn’t even care anymore.

Vote, comment Fan :)