Chapter 6*

Chapter 6

Abbey was woken by the front door being knocked; someone sounded desperate. She groaned and rolled out of bed it had to be the dragon. She put her robe on and went to the door, when she opened it without putting the chain on she nearly died. It wasn't the dragon and was in fact Sam. He looked gorgeous he wasn't wearing a top and had jogging bottoms on. The sweat was glistening on his chest and his hair was a mess.

"Hi Abbey, I've got Greg's gym keys he told me to drop them off," he told her. She opened the door wider for him to come in; she had no idea why she should have just thanked him and took the keys.

 "Would you like a drink?" she asked him still unsure of what she was doing. If the dragon turned up now she would love telling, Greg how there was a half-naked Sam in her living room.

Sam smiled at her with that heartbreaking smile he had, she could imagine the girls falling over their selves to get to him, "Yeah sure water will be fine."

She went to the kitchen and got him a bottle of water throwing it to him; he caught it and opened it, "Thanks, so did Greg go this morning?"

Abbey shook her head, "No last night. It's a business trip,” she informed him.

Sam smiled at her, "Yeah he said something about you hating to fly.”

Abbey looked at him as if he was stupid, "I love to fly."

Sam raised his eyebrows, so why did Greg lie; something didn’t add up, he thought.

"Oh I must have miss heard him, anyway I better get going just thought I'd say hi. Oh are you busy tonight?”  

Abbey glared at him, "No I'm not, but I am a married woman," she stated as if he was stupid.

 Sam laughed at her, "I'm not asking you out on a date. I just thought maybe I could come and keep you company, and you could tell me about the business."

Abbey didn't know what to say, she thought it was a bad idea, but Greg wouldn't find out. From the sound of things, he had been telling some lies himself, "Sure come at seven then.”

Sam grinned at her, "Cool I'll see you later then."

Abbey couldn't believe he wanted to come and see her, she thought about all the girls he could have. She didn’t understand why he would want to have a night in with the boss's wife. What a fool, but he was a sexy fool, she thought.

 Abbey ran upstairs and jumped in the shower, she got out and dried and straightened her hair she was going to make a bit of an effort. She put some makeup on and a summer dress she did a twirl in the mirror and smiled. she never thought she looked good, mainly because Greg was always there to tell her she didn't, but today she felt good.

She picked her phone up and called her Mom,"Hey Mom, what are you doing?"

Abbey sighed her Mom was busy as usual, "Ok Mom, I’ll speak to you soon," she didn't bother to tell her Greg had gone away it would have only been a lecture about how much of an idiot he was.

 Abbey went downstairs and picked her keys up; she opened the door, and saw the dragon pulling onto the drive. She went back into the house ready for all the questions she sat down on the sofa as Marianne walked in and shut the door.

 "What in god’s name are you wearing?” She asked.

Abbey looked down she thought her pale yellow dress looked nice, "A dress," she said standing up to look in the mirror.