Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Jessica typed the address into her sat nav; she pulled out of the car park and drove towards the farmhouse.  She checked her mirrors regularly in case anyone was following her, she knew what her father was like, and she wouldn’t put it past him to have her followed.

She wasn’t worried about what Greg was going to say about her arrival. The way she saw it was if he had been clever he would have removed all links of that house to him, he was lucky it was her turning up and not her father with Sam and Pete.

She turned into a country road and had to slow right down, the snow was falling heavily and the roads weren’t treated. The sat nav bleeped to indicate she was nearing her destination; she looked out of the window and saw the little farmhouse.

She pulled onto the drive and stopped the car; she got out of the car slowly and made her way up the drive to the house. She knocked on the door but no one answered she knew someone was there because she could hear muffled voices and someone moving around.

“Greg it’s Jess open the door,” She shouted through the letterbox.

Greg was in shock she didn’t know about this place so how the hell had she found him and worse than that, who was with her? He couldn’t risk opening the door without protecting himself first. He had covered Abbey’s mouth with the duct tape again and she squirmed around sobbing as the door knocked.

She watched in horror as Greg pulled a gun from a bag on the floor and loaded it, he walked to the door and opened it, he peered outside and saw Jessica but he didn’t believe she was alone.

“Get in here!” he shouted pointing the gun at her.

Jessica had never seen him looking so stressed, but she knew he was panicking so she didn’t make a sound she just slipped in past him and he slammed the door.

“How did you find me? Are you alone?” he asked frantically looking between her and the door as though he was expecting someone to burst through it.

Abbey was relieved to finally see someone who looked sane, she would help her. She couldn’t possibly see her left like this.

Jessica stepped towards Greg but he clutched the gun tightly, “I came alone, you left enough evidence to find you, don’t worry I destroyed it all,” she explained.

Greg let out a sigh of relief and lowered the gun, “It was a bit of a last minute decision.”

Jessica nodded not wanting to antagonise him further, she looked around the room and saw Abbey tied to a chair when she realised how heavily pregnant she was she started to have second thoughts about helping him.

Abbey sagged into the chair when she knew Jessica was there to help Greg and not her. Jessica walked towards Abbey and removed the duct tape from her mouth.

“Greg you really should give her some water,” she told him stepping away from her.

Greg went into the kitchen and came back out with a glass of water and held it to Abbeys mouth he tilted it back and she drank it thirstily.

**

Kenny went to find Jessica to get her to help him find Greg but she was nowhere to be seen, he looked all around the house but still nothing. He looked out of the window the snow was getting deeper and deeper and that’s when he noticed her car had gone.

“Shit!” he cursed as he ran to get his phone.

He picked his phone up and dialled Pete’s number, “Go to Greg’s again break in, I think Jess is helping Greg,” he told him furiously.

Pete shook his head in disgust that girl was delusional when it came to Greg; he told Sam what Kenny had said which did nothing for his anger. They were still searching for Alice at the airport but were having no luck at all.

“We need to go to Greg’s, Kenny reckons we might find something there,” he told Sam.

Sam agreed he couldn’t waste any more time on Alice, arguing with her wasn’t going to find Abbey. They left the airport and drove towards Greg’s house.

“This snow is going to slow us down!” Sam shouted in frustration, the thought of Abbey out there in the cold somewhere in her condition had him worrying more.

Pete could see how stressed he was but he didn’t know what he could say or do to make it better. There was no way he could say it was going to be ok because he didn’t know that. He knew Kenny would try his hardest to help but there were no guarantees.

“I can’t go any faster, we aren’t going to find her if we crash are we?” Pete told him, trying to calm him down.

Sam sat back in a huff he knew Pete was right, he just wished he hadn’t had to go away none of this would be happening. For the first time in his life, he was genuinely scared, he wasn’t in control, and he didn’t like it.

**

Greg and Jessica were sitting and deciding the best way to get away from there, they knew they couldn’t move now they were snowed in. However, that didn’t mean they couldn’t get a plan together for when the snow cleared.

“Greg, I need the toilet!” Abbey complained for the second time.

Greg huffed and stormed over to her; he untied her and pulled her to her feet roughly. Jessica wanted to stop him, but she would be putting herself in danger so she looked away and tried to ignore his rough treatment of her.

“Oh my god couldn’t you wait!” he screamed at her in disgust.

Jessica turned around to see a sobbing Abbey in a puddle and Greg looking disgusted, her eyes widened when she realised.

“Greg she hasn’t wet herself her waters have broken!” she shouted in a panic.

**

Sam and Pete arrived at Greg’s house, Sam didn’t even give Pete the chance to pick the lock he booted the door open.

“Are you trying to get us arrested?” Pete hissed at him as he looked around the street hoping no one had heard them.

“I don’t give a shit!” Sam snapped as he ran up the stairs to Greg’s office and opened the door.

Pete secured the front door so it would look normal from outside and went upstairs to find Sam; he walked into the office and saw paperwork everywhere.

“Someone’s been busy with the shredder and the computer has been wiped!” Sam told him angrily, he didn’t see how they were going to find her now.

“I’ll tell Kenny,” Pete said as he made the call.

Sam watched as Pete talked to Kenny on the phone and sighed when he ended the call.

“Right listen up, he’s going to trace Jessica’s phone if she is helping Greg which Kenny thinks she is, she will be with him. In a matter of hours we will find them,” he reassured Sam.

“Hours?” Sam repeated in frustration now he was feeling worse than before he couldn’t wait hours.

VOTE, COMMENT FAN :)