It's Only The Beginning

Kendrick's POV:

When I woke the next morning, there was still no sign of Jay. I needed to go pick up Omari, so I got out of the bed, threw on some sweats, and headed out. I pulled up to Kelly's house, and knocked on the door.

" Who is it? "

" Ken! "

She opened the door, and escorted me to her room. She handed me Omari's bags and belongings, and carried him out to the car.

" I think he may be sick! " she said, buckling him up.

" He is! I can look at his face! " I chuckled.

" Alright, he's settled. Don't forget we have a night out next week. My mother is gonna' be in town, and she really wants to see you! " she said.

" Girl, you know I'm there! Thank you yet again! " I replied.

" No problem! " she smiled, closing the car door.

As I drove off, something told me that I'd be facing trouble. On the way home, I stopped by Whataburger to get something to eat.

" Welcome to Whataburger. What can I get you today? " the familiar voice said.

" Can I have, a number two, number five, and and a kids meal, please. " I replied.

" Alright, what kind of drink? "

" All sprites! "

" Alright, your total will be 27.07 at the first window! " he said.

" Okay, thank you! "

I pulled up to the window, and that familiar voice was Thomas.

" 27.0......Kendrick? " Thomas said.

" Thomas? Oh my gosh! " I smiled.

" Boy, when did you get down here? " he asked.

" Little while after high school? What about you? "

" Right after! This where I went to school! " he smiled.

" Wow! It was really nice seeing you! " I smiled back.

" You too! Here's your food, have a great day boy! " he said.

Thomas was fine as hell. He was 6'3, light bright, green eyes, nice body, and he was just perfect. He and I dated a whiiilllleeee back. It was a pretty decent relationship, but that's when I met Jay.

As I pulled off from the resturant, I was putting the reciept in my wallet. I noticed that it had writing on it! I looked at it closely, and it was his number. I chuckled! He was always smooth. I pulled up at the house, and took the food in first. I caught sight of Jay passed out on the couch. I shook my head, and went back to get Omari.

" Where the hell you been? " he asked. I huffed and kept walking to Omari's room, laying him down, and closing his door.

" You got food on the table! " I said, walking back into the kitchen.

" What you got? "

" Whataburger! "

" You been out seeing somebody else? " he said, getting up walking behind me.

" No, I just told you! I went to get Omari, and something to eat! " I said, pouring my orange juice.

" You lieing to me? " he said, breathing in my face.

" Jay, you been drinking? I thought we talked about this! " I chuckled.

" The fuck is funny! " he said, grabbing my arm.

" Please, don't do me! " I snatched away, going into my room.

When I got to the room, and sat on the bed, Jay came running in throwing up in the bathroom. Here we go again! I really don't wanna' deal with this. No time for it! We still have a child to raise and he wants to go down the path that he chooses for himself.

Jay's POV:

After throwing up, I was still a tad bit hung over. I walked over to the bed, and laid down.

" Will you go get my food babe? " I asked. I heard Dre get off the bed, walk to the kitchen, and walk back.

" Here you go! " he said, handing it to me sitting back on the bed.

" I'll be out late again, tonight! " I told him. " With the boys! "

He didn't look at me. He just kept his eyes on the TV.

" Did you fucking hear me? " I raised my voice.

" Mhm! " he replied.

" You been acting a little salty lately! Glad I won't beat yo' ass! " I said.

" That's cool! " he chuckled.

" What's funny? "

" Ion know what the fuck is going on with you, but you need to fix it! I REFUSE to let you talk to me any kind of way! I'm a grown ass man, and I will be treated as such. Got me fucked up talking to me like I'm a child! " he barked back.

My jaws clenched together, and I grew enraged. I lifted up my hand, and planted one right across his cheek. His food fell out of his hand onto the floor. He didn't even hold his face, he just looked at me and shook his head. Before I realized what I had done, I felt myself being escorted out of the front door. I tried to fight back, but I was weak!

" Bae, let me in! "

There was no answer.

" Atleast let me get my keys and some clothes! " I said.

I heard the door unlock and out came my keys and some clothing. I picked up my shit, and I dipped out. I went to a hotel to stay the night. I called the boys and gathered them up for a round of drinks, and pool.