Just Like Your Father

Mrs. Hick's POV:

It was 3 hours before the party, and we had mild decoration to take care of. Kendrick and Jayson were sitting down in the living room, blowing up balloons. Kendrick had a big smile on his face, and so did Jayson! I am so proud of my son! He finally settled down and realized that what he needed was in front of his face the whole time!

" Come on girl, we gotta' get things done! " Charles said, kissing my cheek.

" Where we going? " I chuckled.

" You just....we gotta' finish these decorations! " he smiled back at me, walking into the party room.

" Jayson! " I yelled.

" Yes ma'am! " he said as he approached me.

" Bring me those balloons that ya'lll have finished. " I said, patting his back.

" Yes ma'am! " He ran back into the living room, and brought me the bag of balloons.

" Charles, here go the balloons! "

" Alright baby! " he said, grabbing them.

Once Charles walked out of the room, I heard a big snap from the living room.

" Mrs. Hicks, Jay just broke the arm on your couch! " Kendrick yelled.

" I know damn well Kendrick better be lieing, Jayson! " I said, walking in the room.

" See Ma', it was an accident! "

" You too damn old to be having accidents boy! What the hell is wrong with you! " I said.

" Ma', Im sorry! "

" You get on my damn nerves! " I said, with a smirk on my face, walking off.

When I walked off, I heard Kendrick's voice saying, " You know better! " followed by a slap to the back of Jayson's head! I looked in the mirror on the wall, and saw Jayson lightly tackle him, and caress him. I would do anything for these two!

After the decorations were all done, family had started to arrive. The house started to fill up with laughter, love, and joy as everyone conversated! As I stood by the door, continuing to greet people, I caught sight of my beautiful daughter.

" Oh, my baby! " I said, hugging her body tightly.

" Hey mama! " she smiled.

" I though you weren't coming! "

" Please, I couldn't miss another important event! I had to make sure that I could take off from what I was doing! " she said.

" I hope it won't cause you to fall behind back home! "

" Honey, please! They will be alright! " she said, walking over the threshold.

" Is that my little sister, Krystal? " Jay said, smiling walking to her.

" Hey, big head! " she said, hugging his neck. " Where the hell is Kendrick? "

" He should be on his way down now! " Jay said. As soon as he said that, Kendrick walked down the stairs.

" Krystal? " Kendrick said, running up hugging her.

" Boy, you look amazing! " Krystal told him.

" So do you! " he replied.

" So, I heard yall got married! " Krystal said.

" Yes ma'am! June 12th. " Jayson said, kissing Kendricks forehead.

" I'm so sorry that I missed it! I've been busy, busy, busy! "

" It's okay! Just know we're gonna' party tonight baby! "

" Speaking of party, everybody lets turn up! " I yelled, as everybody cheered.

Jay's POV:

The party at the house was so turnt up! I had a few drinks, well maybe over a few. I could barely walk. I was dancing close to the DJ Booth when I heard my father call my name over and over. I tried to walk towards what I thought was him, and ended up knocking down half the people on the dance floor. It made them hit the table with all the refreshments on them, and completely destroy everything! All I remember after that was being hauled off into the room, and onto the bed.

Ken's POV:

" I just can't believe that this has happend! " Jay's mother said, burrying her face into her hands.

" It's okay, Ma'! He's alright! " Jay's sister Krystal said.

" Just like his father! Just like his father used to be! I don't like this one bit! He didn't learn from my pain? Suffering? I feel like I......."

" Ma', calm down! Come on! Let's get you in the bed! " Krystal said, walking Mrs. Hick's upstairs to her room.

I ran to the room upstairs, and overheard Jay singing my favorite song. I walked into the room, and he looked me dead in my face.

" Do you know what you've done? " I asked him.

" What did I do? "

" Really? You destroyed the party, and you made your mother upset! "

" How? "

" You know what? When you sober up, we can have this conversation! " I said, walking out the door.

" Yo, where the fuck you going! "

" Taking my ass downstairs! "

" No, you finna get yo' ass in this bed! "

I continued walking out, only to hear Jay's heavy footsteps behind me. He grabbed me tightly by my waist, and slammed be on the bed. He climbed on top of me and grabbed my wrist. My body was full of fear at this moment! I was shaking from head to toe! I looked him in his eyes, and this was not the Jay that I fell in love with! His eyes were full of depression, fear, and something that I couldn't explain.

" Jay, let me go! " I said, trying to pull my wrists away from him. He only tightened his grip!

" Oh, you scared now, huh? Take yo' clothes off, so I can beat it up! " he said.

" Jay, I don't know what the fuck is going on, but....."

" Did I tell you to fucking talk? Take yo' fucking clothes off like I asked you to! "

I did as I was told!