Chapter 5: Rialto

Start from the beginning

     "And you actin' like a liar. Who is that lil nigga?" He pressed.

     "A high school friend! Like what the fuck else am I supposed to say?" She blurted defensively.

     "Listen shordy, don't play me like I'm one of them lil niggas you fuckin with," Dave warned. His voice was firm and he was looking at her dead in her eyes. He didn't know where his temper came from sometimes but he does know she was pushing it.

     "So maybe I should fucking sleep somewhere else since I'm a liar." She snapped back.

     Before she could even move to leave he grabbed her wrists and flipped her over and positioned his body on top of hers while she was on her back. "Nigga let go of me!" Sage struggled underneath him as he pinned her arms above her, making it very difficult.

     "Stop struggling and I'mma let you go." Dave laughed. He was amused at her anger and how fast his disippitated. He secured her body down as she squirmed underneath him. "Oh you mad mad?" She was so fine to him, he just wanted to fuck her right then and there.

     Sage pouted underneath him, "You suck. Can I fucking go?"

     Dave pretended to think before he shook his head and bent down, "No. Just gimme what I want."

    "Which is what?"

     "Gimme yo heart. Undivided." And that's all she's been waiting for, so she said yes.

***

Jay Critch as Jay Critch:

     Jay was your typical teenage boy if you count the millionaire parents and powerful name Critch

     Jay was your typical teenage boy if you count the millionaire parents and powerful name Critch. So you can imagine he was used to receiving anything he has ever wanted and when he didn't he felt all hell should break loose. The anxiety of working for something and not being able to foresee if he'll get it irked him to no end. He usually didn't have to work much for anything but when it came to Sage he felt like he was working too hard.

     He always thought maybe his approach was too straightforward and brash because it couldn't possibly be that he wasn't cute or rich enough. Attending a small private school with her didn't help matters as he got to see her five days out of the week. Nothing bruised Mr. Critch's ego more than a girl rejecting him, which rarely happened. But not just any girl. Sage. Deep down inside he knew she was smart and independent enough to make her own judgements and decisions so his status and looks didn't particularly matter. It takes a special kind of person to get into her heart.

     "Jay? Are you listening? Hellooo?" Sage snapped her fingers in his face to grab his attention again. "This paper isn't going to write itself."

     Jay climbed out of his deep pondering and peered up at her. "And these lips ain't gonna kiss itself," he fired back. He puckered out his pink lips waiting for her to peck them.

     "Can we go one day without you coming on to me?" She rolled her eyes and picked up the paper with the essay rubric on it.

     "Fine, but you still owe me a visit to one of my kickbacks. I did a deed sharing my top secret hangover remedy with you," he reasoned. Technically he was right because when Sage got drunk that one weekend she desperately needed a fix to survive being home with her nagging parents all day. She simply called her alcoholic friend which happened to be Jay and pulled the recipe out of him with promises of paying him back. Fortunately it worked, but she just didn't have the energy to head to a kickback this weekend. Although it would be perfect seeing as both of her parents are out of town, she wanted to be cuddled up with her man.

     "Uh--"

     "Please," Jay reached out and placed his hands on top of hers and pleaded with his brown eyes. "I wanna see you there."

    "I guess since I owe you--" She started but Jay interrupted her with kisses to her cheek screaming with joy.

    "Nigga, get the fuck off of me." She found herself saying that a lot recently.

***

     Undoubtedly, Ella was down with it all after hearing Sage propose they attend the function. Knowing Jay's kickbacks were a big thing in their community of high school peers, which meant they had to pop out.

     "You think Dave and Aubrey finna care?" Sage asked her. She was worried he would become suspicious about her attendance largely because of the fight they had earlier that week about Jay.

     "Girl, you're the only one official. I'm single, therefore I can do what I want." Ella replied as she held up her baby blue con dress. It was sticking out her closet like a sore thumb so she took it as a sign to wear it tonight.

    "You right, but I'm grown though." She was trying to convince herself more than anyone.

    "He's actually grown, you're 17." Ella laughed pointing her index finger at her. Sage just shook her head as she put on her own tight fitting dress. It was beige with a white hem so she paired it with some white lace up heels.

     "I don't know, I just feel weird 'cause I never felt the need to run shit by none of the niggas I dated before

     "I don't know, I just feel weird 'cause I never felt the need to run shit by none of the niggas I dated before. Maybe I just like him a lot." Which was true, she barely even considered her dad for a lot of stuff she probably should have.

     "Maybe this dude just got good judgement on Jay. Jay's obnoxious, bro." She tried to reason with her best friend but she was more focused on the bottle they were supposed to finish.

      "You right, or maybe I'm getting soft. Whatever it is, let's take some more shots and get outta here." And that's just what they did.

Endnote: You think anything big will happen at the kickback or y'all think things will be pretty chill?