Chapter 40

Stiles placed his phone down on the table and smiles at Derek. Derek currently has a fork shoved in his mouth as he looks around the small restaurant. Derek meets Stiles' eyes and pulls the fork out of his mouth.

"What are you looking at, honeyduke? Is there something on my face?"

Stiles shakes his head and looks down at his pancakes before looking back up at Derek. "You're just so amazing and I can't believe I'm here with you right now."

"I'm only as amazing as my company." Derek winks at Stiles before shoving another fork full into his mouth. He finishes chewing before he speaks again. "To be honest, I did not think this was going to turn out like this. Your random text really started something."

Stiles has to resist the urge to start singing The Start of Something New but Derek must know what he's thinking because he's laughing and shaking his head. Stiles scrunches his nose at him. Stiles sits quietly for a moment, enjoying his food and the comfort he has around Derek.

Who knew that texting a wrong number would end up with Stiles having the most amazing boyfriend he could ask for and a romantic trip to New York? Just thinking about it gives Stiles a cheesy grin as he continues to think about Derek.

"What has you cheesing so much? You look absolutely adorable," Derek comments, tossing a grape at Stiles. Stiles picks it up and places it on his plate.

"You. Only you."

Derek feels his heart flutter and a blush creep onto his cheeks. He's never met anyone who makes him feel so warm and loved. Stiles is truly a unique individual.

"What do you want to do today?" Derek asks.

"I'm not sure, I want to see Times Square but that's so cliché...but so is this little breakfast date."

Derek rolls his eyes with a smile. "This was your idea, honeyduke. I don't know what you expected."

"This is more than I dreamed of if I'm being honest. I love you, sweet pea."

"I love you too, honeyduke."
~~
bilesbilinski

bilesbilinski: It's almost New Years, New York

bilesbilinski: It's almost New Years, New York. Get your shit together why do you still have your Christmas tree up?

71 likes, 5 comments
isaac.cant.even: Listen here motherfucker. Stop rubbing it in that you're in New York.
lyds.martin: Don't be such a grinch! The New Years isn't here yet
coralvibes: Okay but like...those buildings are hawt
mccallingscott: I choked at that comment @coralvibes
hale.to.the.no: For the love of god, why didn't you take me with you!

derekhale