Chapter 34

"Sti! Sti! Merry Christmas!" Seamus yells as he runs into the room with Amelia following close behind him.

Stiles face lights up as he yells, "Bubby! Merry Christmas!" Stiles swings Seamus up into the air and into his arms. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too! Mommy says Derek is here, where?" Seamus peaks over Stiles' shoulder and spots Derek talking to a relative. "There he is! I like him, can we go say hi?"

"Seamus, Derek is talking to his family. You can say hi in one sec," Amelia says, rubbing Seamus' head. "In the meantime, come with mommy to say hi to gran."

"Gran!" Seamus shouts and Stiles places him back on the ground. Seamus waves at Stiles before running across the room to the table where Gran is sitting. Amelia shakes her head, laughing lightly as she follows her little boy.

"Honeyduke, can you come here for a minute?" Derek asks, waving Stiles over to where he's talking to some guy. Stiles smiles at him and walks over.

"Hey, sweet pea. What's up?"

"This is my uncle Peter. The one that's been stalking our instagrams," Derek replies, glancing at Peter with a look of amusement with a hint of 'what the hell'.

"It's nice to finally meet you," Peter sticks out his hand for Stiles to shake. "I wouldn't call it stalking, it's browsing. I gotta see what my family is up to."

"Nice to finally talk to you outside of a comment section," Stiles jokes. Peter laughs a bit and Derek smiles.

"Pete! Come here, you're being my teammate for this game," Talia says, waving Peter over to him. Across from her sits David with his sister, Cheryl. 

"Excuse me, I think your father is about to get his ass beat in this game," Peter comments to Derek before walking past the two and towards Talia. "You guys don't stand a chance."

David rolls his eyes and Cheryl flips Peter off. Talia scolds her because there are multiple kids around but that doesn't mean much with the way Talia is smiling.

Derek looks at Stiles with a smile. "I seen little Seamus was with you. How is he?"

"Excited to see you, that's for sure. He wanted to come say hi to you but you were with Peter," Stiles replies, glancing around the room to see if he could find where Seamus ran off to. He spots him pulling on John's pant leg, trying to get him to give him a brownie.

"Wow, I love this kid," Derek follows Stiles' gaze, spotting the little boy too. "Hey Seamus! Come here."

Seamus immediately turns around with a huge grin, stumbling over his feet in order to get to Derek. "Derek! I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too! How are you?" Derek picks up Seamus, giving him a big hug. "It's been awhile."

"Mommy says that you and Stiles are dating. Does that mean you'll be around more?" Seamus asks. Stiles rubs his neck nervously but he also has a shy smile on his face. He doesn't know why this question made him feel so weird but at the same time, it was really...nice to hear?

"Of course! Next time Stiles comes to visit you, I'll be sure to tag along."

"Great! Okay, I wanna go say hi to Jade but I will be back later! Then we can play a game!" Seamus says, wiggling out of Derek's arms. Once his feet touch the ground, he turns and runs towards one of Derek's family members.

"They know each other? Do they go to the same school?" Stiles asks Derek, staring at Jade and Seamus who are talking excitedly with each other.

"I suppose so, I've never heard Jade mention Seamus but then again, Jade doesn't talk about school a whole lot," Derek replies, throwing an arm over Stiles' shoulder. "There's some people on the dance floor, would you like to dance?"

"Of course, sweet pea. Let's dance."