Chapter 18

Stiles glances at Derek, smiling. It's weird to be spending break with Derek but at the same time, it feels natural. He feels like he's done this a thousand times.

Laura walks into the living room where the couple are watching a bunch of Christmas movies. She grabs her phone off the coffee table and heads out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Derek asks.

"How do you know I'm going somewhere?" Laura asks, placing a hand on her hip. Derek raises an eyebrow at her and even Stiles can tell she's going out somewhere.

"Do you have a date?" Stiles asks before Derek can respond to Laura's question. She shrugs, a little smile playing on her face.

"Maybe. I gotta go lovebirds, enjoy your movies." With that, Laura was down the hall and out of the house.

Stiles turns to Derek, expecting him to say something but Derek's already gone back to watching Elf.

"You seem pretty chill," Stiles comments.

Derek just smiles at him. "You have to be in this house. Besides, who am I to stop her? She didn't stop me."

Both of them jump when they hear a scream from the kitchen followed by the sound of something hitting the ground.

Cora pops her head into the room. "Any chance you guys want to help me make brownies before mom gets back? I kind of dropped the mix on the ground."

"As long as DerBear promises to actually dance to the music this time," Stiles says, grinning as he nudges Derek. Derek rolls his eyes.

"You know I don't dance."

"I know you can."

"Not a chance."

"Boys! Stop with the High School Musical references and help me!" Cora exclaims before going back into the kitchen. "Why must I be left with the two dorkiest yet cutest couple?"

Stiles and Derek look at each other and laugh.

AN: okay I suck. Three days in and i already skipped a day so double update today! If you read this before the next update comes out, can y'all remind me? 'Cause it's early where I am so I'm going back to sleep :) see you in the next update