Chapter 28

Stiles stood back in awe, admiring the giant Christmas tree that they had somehow managed to decorate.

"It sure is beautiful," Cora says, hands on her hips. She still has a strand of garland around her neck, her sunglasses placed on top of her head.

"It is but was it worth two hours?"

Stiles rolls his eyes at Laura's comment. "Of course it was. Look at it! There's so many lights."

"A little blinding, to be honest," Derek says, turning his head away from the tree. "Stiles, I think you went overboard."

"Nah. You just gotta dim them."

"Are you excited to be spending Christmas with all of us?" Cora asks Stiles, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're gonna be introduced to this giant family."

"You'll meet creepy uncle Peter," Laura adds.

"I don't know if I would say that he's creepy," Derek comments. "More like strange. He's like that uncle that you don't really know how you're related but you just are."

"You have such a big family tree. It's a wonder you guys even remember half of them." Stiles gives the room one last look around before he's satisfied with the decorations. "Now to help with the cooking."

"Are you going to your grandma's to help?" Derek asks.

"Yep. I'll see you guys tomorrow at the party."

Stiles kisses Derek goodbye and waves to the girls before leaving.