I.

"don't nothing come to a sleeper but a dream, so nigga dream on"

******

I had finally finished the drawing in my sketchbook, it was the last page anyways so i was going to throw it away after..my drawings were shit.

"excuse me" a raspy voice said as i was reaching for the trash barrel.. "huh?" i said replying back in shock, i always said huh after i heard what someone said, it was a bad habit.

"ion think you know how long i been standing here watching you scribble in your book then attempt to throw it out, pathetic" he mumbled while slamming his things on the belt.

you was watching me?...wait what

"sorry about that, do you have a walgreens card?" i asked while starting to scan his items, i took his slience as a no and continued scanning, duct tape, rope, gloves, ammonia and bleach.. who needed this at 3am & what was he up too.. "what's the total" he asked using a frustrated tone with me

" u-uh 60.25"i said biting the inside of my lip watching him take the money out his wallet, a hundred? oou all hundreds.

"you can keep change and i won't be needing a receipt..nor a bag" he said as he started removing his things from the belt n walked away, i typed in a hundred bill and his forty dollars in change i just put it in my pocket.. keep the change right, shitttt.

Running to the camera to see what car he was in and more but when i got there he was already gone all i could see was the security guard we recently hired 'eddy' peeing on the side of the building.. wasn't nothing to see there, sitting back down to look at the page i recently drew to criticize my work, when eddy walked in scratching his ass threw his pants, distracting me.

"Night shift again samaí" (sa-may) he said smelling his hand, don't throw up.. don't throw up "yea." i replied back trying to hurry up and end the conversation, we had nothing to talk about it and was obvious i was doing the night shift.

"Oh the guy who left out last told me to tell you, don't nothing come to a sleeper but a dream, whatever that's supposed to mean he had a nice car it was a mercedes.. oh nevermind it was a benz.. wait i don't know that's not the same thing, nice car though"

what was that supposed to mean??..ugh my brain was not alive rn i'm not even about to stress that, i got one more hour until i leave anyways.

•••

Finally walking inside the house i took my shoes off at the door and plopped down on the couch thinking about what eddy said, benz and mercedes was the same car he was just stupid asf and i think it was starting to rub off on me.

What really crossed my mind was the quote the stranger told eddy to run back to me, to tired i need sleep i thought while laying my head on the arm rest and with that i was out.

"Samaí, sa-MAÍ" my mother said while shaking me out my sleep "Get up off my couch and go get in the bed NOW!" why did she have to wake me up i was having a good sleep too.. "matter a fact go walk that damn dog you wanted so bad, his leash on the dining room table"

"huh?" i said rubbing my tongue over my braces another bad habit i did when i needed to brush my teeth "you heard me" she yelled from the kitchen, smiling i got up and put my house slippers on by the door "saint, comere boy, saint!" i called out waiting for him to come downstairs. saint was my baby i had gotten him when he was a baby baby i fed him with a bottle and all, i was his mother, he was a white shih tuz mixed breed and i loved him with my soul!

i clipped his leash on and headed out for the front door, putting my air pod in my right ear, i went on audiomack, a app i played music on, no way i was paying for itunes they was too expensive and i felt like if you had an iphone itunes should be...

i clipped his leash on and headed out for the front door, putting my air pod in my right ear, i went on audiomack, a app i played music on, no way i was paying for itunes they was too expensive and i felt like if you had an iphone itunes should be free..PERIOD. 

playing summer walker - 'just might' was one of my favorite songs on her album, her voice was so calming & i felt like she understood me, and we was the same she just sung about it and was famous.

I started walking saint left of the house we always walked to the middle school up the road from my house and back.

Looking at my phone i noticed it was 10 only had 2 extra hours to spare until my classes at university of new haven started..FUCK..

I was broken out of my thoughts by hearing saint braking looking ahead squinting my eyes and that's when i had seen the man from last night, oh shit.

"hush saint" i said sqauting down petting him while looking up at the stranger and watching his every move..isn't it weird when you first see something or someone you never seen before u start seeing it or them everywhere..

Watching his every move he took a little girl out her car seat, she had blonde hair that was in two pony tails and a pink tutu with ballet shoes on..she was adorable.

Was she his daughter?

I had grown more curious while now scratching behind saints ear, i looked at his hair which was black, ok so not his daughter, or the mother was a blonde?, moving my eyes from them i noticed the car, he wasn't even in the benz that eddy stupid ass said he was in.

Rolling my eyes i continued to scan the car, he drove a black SUV that was blacked out everything, moving eyes back to him i noticed him and the little girl had the same skin color white, moving back to them i heard her laugh, awh her giggle was too cute, i loved kids especially babies they was just perfect and did no wrong...yet

A roughly tap on my shoulder took me out my thoughts causing me to almost have a panic attack, turning around swiftly i noticed a little old lady "good morning can i help you with something ma'am?" i said giving a shy smile.

"Morning" she said dryly her breathe reeked of coffee and cigarettes. "You can clean that up" she said sounding annoyed and pointed to where saint had shitted.

i didn't even noticed he had used the bathroom i always brung doggie bags, i must of forgot.

"With what my looks?" i replied back with the same smiled but wider "we'll he used the bathroom on school property and i'm the principal and that's littering so clean it up" i started looking around to see if i can pick something up and clean it up but the ground was clean, surprisingly

"if your looking for something it's a lot of paper towels in the girls bathroom, there" she pointed, turning around to we're she pointed i took a chance and glance over to where the stranger had been standing, but him or the little girl wasn't there anymore they was gone, the car still was though.

"Here, hold his leash for me plsease, while i go get the paper towels" i was sure to say the last part in a mocking tone because she was starting to piss me off.

Hope y'all liked this chapter it was a little short i guess, buh eddie is literally me i'm about slow asf 😭  And don't let the manger find out about samai taking the change cus that's her ass mr post man.. but don't forget to vote and leave comments

-until next time, bye 👋🏿 💞!.