Chapter 16

Narrator: Red Rider/???

Chapter 16

"I'll see you tomorrow, Red Rider!" Zara said.

"Remember, we meet at the front gates of the Afton Robotics," I told her.

"I'll remember!" Zara smiled as she left my house.

To be my house was more of a shack. However, It was cheap and homely and much better than my previous residence:: Hell. It was a miracle I had escaped there and possessed this suit of red armor. At that moment, I heard a portal open from behind me.

"Long time no see, Achilles!" a familiar husky-voiced man said.

"Hello Hector, what do you want?" I responded.

Hector was my greatest frenemy and one of my victims from when I was living. We both agreed Penthesilea was nuts, though. Hector was here for Cleopatra's sake who was Penny's best friend. Hector's wife and Cleo were friends so he did what they wanted.

"Cleopatra wants you to stay away from the girl," he told me.

"Tell you what, murder the Set animal and we have a deal!" I told Hector.

The Set animal destroyed my village when I was ten. It devoured the souls of everyone in my village. The last thing I remembered from that day was my mother Atalante telling me to run. The other thing I remembered was the Queen of Melromarc laughing as she set the place ablaze. It had given me the reason to hate women like her and Penthesilea.

"You want me to go after that animal, are you crazy!?" Hector gawked.

"No I'm being smart, you're never getting my daughter!" I responded.

On that note, Hector left and I felt a lot better. I knew he couldn't kill a Set Animal and Pen wouldn't get our kid back...