Chapter 4

Narrator: Brianna Karlo

Chapter 4

Today, I was trying something new. I was no longer hiding my true face behind my masked one. Also, Anabella had bought me a white T-shirt with a picture of the sea on it and jeans. Today, I was trying to be a normal girl.

By the time I got to class, everything was abuzz with noise. Mr.Gawain was trying to settle the class. I took my new seat next to Katrina. She was extremely friendly even though it seemed forced.

"Hi Brianna," she said with a goofy grin on her face.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked her.

"I got a love letter from a secret admirer" Katrina responded.

"Do you recognize the handwriting?" I pondered.

"Nope" she grinned.

On that note, Mr. Gawian began class by apologizing. The school had been out for a week because of the Riddler thing. There had been investigations into everything that happened. I was amazed Merope got off as she did. Most of the blame was placed on her host body, Chika Fujiwara. Laws with "divine" servants were iffy at best and troublesome at the worst.

One thing I noticed during class was Zara. She seemed very fidgety and nervous. Petra and I had agreed to keep tabs on her. If things were bad now, lunch would be even worse...