Chapter 3

Narrator: Gaheris

Chapter 3

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." I told Zhao.

"It's your first job," she told me "you have a right to be nervous."

I was no longer a student at the school. Instead, I would run the front office. That's what Gawain wanted from me of course. It was either this or teaching and I wouldn't want to teach my former classmates. It would just feel weird.

"By the way," Zhao added, "A student just transferred here from a Yeshiva."

"What's a Yeshiva?" I asked her.

"Some sort of Jewish school" she responded.

On that note, Principal Zhao left to do god knows what. I really didn't understand her relationship with my brother. I personally thought they should date. However, that was just my opinion.

Just then, the school door opened revealing a tall, awkward-looking girl. She wore a navy blue sweater vest and skirt. The girl looked like she had gotten dressed in the dark. At this point, she walked up to the desk and proceeded to sign in.

"Hello miss," she smiled, "I'm Hosanna Horowitz."

"What's with the knight's armor?" she added.

I had completely forgotten about my own dorky outfit! Gawain had forced me to wear armor for my role in the Riddler fiasco. It was only for a month which felt like an eternity. I just wanted the stupid thing off me.

"I don't know," I responded, "why are you dressed like a blind Sunday school teacher!?"

Hosanna gave me a funny look.

"I'm telling Mr.Gawain you said that!" she shrieked before running off to class.

What did I do!? I guess it was a no dessert night at my brother's house for me...