2: Parallel High School

I wake up and find that Travis has got out of bed. I check the time and it's a quarter to six. Where could he have gone so early in the morning? I go into the bathroom to take my bath and find Travis brushing his teeth with...my toothbrush??

"Good morning friend," He greets when he sees me in the mirror.

"Isn't that my toothbrush?" I ask.

"Yes. I found out it's electric; you don't have to do the work, all you have to do is move your hand. That's genius! I've never seen anything like it." He smiles, revealing his nice set of teeth.

"Yeah," I say sarcastically. Guess I'll have to use another toothbrush.

"Today is a school day so you have to hurry so I can have my bath," I tell him. I show him how to use the bath and shower so he doesn't burn himself with hot water and also how to use the water closet. I also give him some of my clothes to wear cause his are in the laundry.

We get ready for school and go downstairs to have breakfast before mom starts singing out our names.

"Good morning Avan's parents, good morning Austin," Travis greets.

Mom smiles. "Good morning Travis."

Dad grunts his response, his eyes still fixed on the newspaper he's reading. "Morning."

Seriously, who still reads a newspaper these days?

"What's for breakfast today, sandwiches containing balls of meat?" Travis enquires and everyone gives him a look.

Why would we eat that?

"When are you taking him back to his universe?" Austin turns to me.

"When I get my invention fixed."

"And when is that happening?"

"After school."

Travis and I proceed to sit at the table as mom serves us her delicious flapjacks and maple syrup.

"Thank you," Travis smiles.

Mom beams at him. "You know, I wish you kids were as appreciative as Travis is."

"Whatever," Austin says. Yeah, what she says.

"Your food is always delicious, Avan's mom," Travis compliments as he takes a huge bite of his flapjack.

"Thank you Travis, and by the way, you can call me Denise," mom tells him.

"And you can call me Ted," dad adds. They just met the guy and they're already on first name basis.

"Denise and Ted," Travis echoes as he memorizes the names.

"Since you would be going back to your universe today, there's no point in following Avan to school. Why don't you just stay back?" dad suggests.

"I know, but I want to experience school and a couple other things in this universe before I leave," Travis says and dad shrugs.

"Suit yourself."

Travis turns to me. "I love your home; it's very homely. Your parents are welcoming, your mom makes good food and your sister is fine as hell," Travis comments. Austin scoffs.

"I bet you'll love our school even less," Austin tells him.

"Austin, don't give him a bad impression of school on his first day," Mom warns her.

"I had a bad impression of school before I was born," she quips.

We finish our breakfast and mom drives us to school. I take Travis to the principal's office where he is given a schedule then I direct him to his locker and help him arrange it.