15: Mission Dinner Date

"Can you get me a rag! What you're doing isn't helping!" The man yells at Wyndy and she obliges.

"Hey, no need to yell at her, this was just a mistake," Alasdair defends her as the man quickly puts his baseball hat and glasses back on.

"How could she be so careless? Look how she spilled coffee all over me!"

"I'm sorry about that."

"I'm out of here. Get the job done this time and don't give me another reason to be mad at you."

"Got it."

Wyndy arrives with the rag after the man had left.

"Where's your friend?"

"He's not my friend."

"I'm so sorry this happened. I hope he's not too mad at me?"

"He'll get over it."

"Your coffee must be cold, I'll get you another one."

"No need, I'm almost done with it."

"If you need me just holler." Winking at him, Wyndy goes over to our table and I follow her.

"Do you know who that man is?" She asks me.

"You mean the man with the glasses? How would Avan know who he is?" Travis asks her.

"I'm asking cause he saw his face."

"Yeah, and I took a picture too. When we get home I'll find out who he is," I say.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

"But your shift isn't over yet," I remind her.

"That's right, then you guys should get going. The faster we act, the faster we get results."

Travis and I leave the café and hurry home so we can begin our task of finding out who this mysterious man is.

* * * * *

Caleb Daniels.

Only son of Barry Daniels, a very wealthy businessman and the President of the International Association of Inventors. At just eighteen years old, Caleb is infamous for having a rebellious personality, has a prison record, dropped out of school twice, tried to elope to another country after stealing six million dollars from his father, was a member of a gang and is rumored to be into drugs, though there is no proof of that because he has been keeping low key recently.

How can one person be so criminally minded, and just at the young age of eighteen when he should be preparing to get into college and mapping out his future. Imagine what he could he do when he gets older. And he's good looking too. What a waste.

"Now we know he's the one who gave Alasdair that check but we're not sure what for. It could be as payment for stealing my invention or for a drug deal," I say as Travis, Austin, Wyndy and I stare at Caleb's picture on my computer.

"It's probably for something else. Come to think of it, why would Caleb pay Alasdair to steal your invention? He's not even in the contest, and he doesn't know who Avan is," Travis reasons.

"These days, it's not uncommon for teenagers to get involved with illegal substances. So even if Alasdair stole your invention, it would be for his own use but since that's not the case, he's probably dealing drugs with Caleb," Austin agrees.

"And Chris," I add.

"What does Chris have to do with this?"

"Caleb mentioned his name during his conversation with Alasdair."