8: Friday Night Rave

Austin knocks on the door and when no one answers it, Travis and I join in the knocking so it can be loud enough against the loud music playing inside. Chris opens the door and grins on seeing Austin, then hugs her like they were just seeing each other for the first time in years.

"I'm so glad you came babe, I thought you wouldn't come," Chris says.

"I wouldn't miss it for anything," Austin tells him and they kiss. Ew.

"You look great!" Chris' eyes roam hungrily over her body and I roll my eyes. What a perv.

"Thank you." Austin blushes. "I kinda had some trouble figuring out what to wear, so I opted for a monochrome look."

"And damn you made the right decision," he adds with a smirk.

I clear my throat to let them know that Travis and I are still standing there. Chris looks at us and beams. His smile looks so genuine, I almost believe it.

"Avan! Just the guy I wanted to see tonight!" He yells as he throws his arm around my shoulder. "It's good to take some time off to have fun rather than studying and inventing every second of the day."

"If I didn't study and invent every second of the day, I wouldn't be where I am today. Never underestimate the power of consistency," I tell him and he laughs.

"You're a funny guy. That's not what I meant."

Whatever.

"I can assure you that this will be the best party you'll ever attend, even if you're gonna leave early. It has everything you need: music, fun games, drinks, food and Wyndy. So just relax and enjoy the party," he says with a smirk and turns to Travis.

"Hola Travis!" He greets, also throwing his arm around Travis' shoulder.

"Hi Chris. Great party you got here," Travis says.

"Yeah, thanks. I hope you enjoy it. There's plenty of food and drinks and pretty girls so go have fun." Chris ushers us into the party while Austin remains by his side, holding his arm.

Travis and I make our way further into the party and are welcomed by the unwelcoming smell of alcohol poorly mixed with punch and mint. Bodies are everywhere; drinking, dancing, making out, grinding, and we barely make it to the center of the room without bumping into or pushing at least ten people. Not that they seem to care, they are already overcome by the influence of alcohol. So early? And the party is just getting started.

The party hall which I am guessing is the living room of the house is pretty spacious too; the sofas were moved to the walls to create even more space. There are several tables arranged in a corner of the room with drinks and snacks on top of them. There is also a bar opposite the tables, which is probably the source of all the alcohol.

The DJ is on an elevated platform a few feet away from the bar, bobbing his head to the music while trying not to spill the content of his cup.

"I'm going to get a snack," Travis says to me as he heads towards the tables.

"Okay." I nod. "But remember, no alcohol."

Okay, now it's left for me to do one thing: find Wyndy. I ignore the sweaty bodies pushing against me and scan the room for her. I spot her sitting on one of the sofas that was pushed to the wall, but she is not alone. There is a guy who looks tipsy, and who also looks like he is hitting on her. I walk over to them.

"Hi Wyndy," I say.

Her face lits up when she looks up at me and it is the best sight in the world. My heart does a little somersault and I can't help but return the smile.